Words Spread Faster Than Act

~ ~ ~ ~ ~
♡ ♡

Finally we finish our treament on our patient even though it took us roughly 5 hours to tend to his wounds.I thought his wounds were not that bad but I was wrong but I was surprised that he manage to hold it out till this long.

I wiped away beads of sweats that formed on my forehead as we successfully tend to his injuries.

"Goos job (R/N)-ya"I felt a hand ruffled my hair as I was sitting at the bench near the vending machine.

"T..Thank you.."I was happy that he praised me and I felt somewhat motivated and confident that I can be a true doctor one day.

I was also happy that he,the cold and distant kind of person compliment me.Odd enough,I hear many rumours around him like he is not that very sociable or approachable yet here I am,sitting with the antisocial person,while drinking a can of coffee in his hand.

"I didn't think that you can do it well (R/N)-ya,you suprised me though I didn't expect you did poorly but maybe you do have a chance on becoming a true doctor soon"his words snap me out of my thoughts as I just realised that I was gazing far off into the distance.

"H..Hey..!I can do better too!"I pout at him angrily as I glared at him and he just chuckled at me in amusement.

Jerk.I thought to myself as I huff at him like a little kid.

"Thanks Law,for helping me and..everything.."I told him as I gaze at my hands that seem to caught my interest now while the person next to me just gaze at me with shocked and confusion laced on his face.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
♡ ♡

"Thanks Law,for helping me and..everything.."she suddenly spoke up out of the blue which made me shocked and confused at the same time as I glance at her form who is staring down at her hands.

She..thanked me?I didn't know how to react though but right after she said that,I felt a sudden tug at my heart.Its been a long time since I heard someone thanked me or spent time with me since..I shake my thoughts immidiately so I won't be moody or upset out of the blue.

"Well,I'm gonna tend to my other patients now,I'll see you again"I told her as I stood up from my seat.

"Oh,g..good luck then!"she cheered me with her bright smile as always and I just shake my head with a small smile curved at my lips.

I guess her enthusiastic character attracts me and the others I guess?But thats what makes her more appealing I guess.The bright and stubborn head kind of person,reminded me of someone who is very similar to her but he's working at the shop now probably if not treat himself for meat again today.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
♡ ♡

I just watch as his figure slowly disappear from my view and I was left alone at the bench till someone came to buy a drink from the vending machine.

"What a boring day.."the person whined as she took a seat beside me.

"Oh?Are you new here?I have not see you around here before"the person then noticed my presence and I was startled a bit that she noticed me that soon.

"O..Oh,I guess so..?"I smiled sheepishly at her as she tilt her head in confusion.

"You guess?"she ask more in a more curioused tone and I just laugh sheepishly.

"Hehe,sorry,I guess I should explain more to you.I'm (R/N),a practical doctor and I just recently got assign here under Law's supervision"I introduce myself to her and she just stare at me with an unreadble look.

"U..Um,are you okay?"I waved my hand infront of her till she suddenly screamed or more to squel if I do say so.

Thank goodness my ears are still okay and my heart almost jump out from my chest if I didn't hold it close after hearing this girl's squel in excitement for some reason.

"You're the person who everyone's keep talking about!"she told me with her eyes sparkling in amazement at me and I just sweatdrop.

"Eh?Me?What about?I'm sure a no artist or someone famous.."I laughed a little at myself while the girl just shake her head vigourously.

"No!Its not like that!Well,mostly among the girls though I heard.You're the person who every girls thought to be doctor Law's girlfriend!"she exclaimed happily and my head turn blank for a moment,processing the info that I just got.

Law's..girlfriend?Me?Everyone?WHAT?!!

"Ehh?!M..Me?!N..No!Thats not true at all..!Where did you hear that..?!"I was flustered and by this point,I can assure you that my face is deep red by now.

"From the nurses who work here!I was wondering what they were talking about till now I understand it!"she gleemed happily and my emotion are confused now.

"But that's not true..!"I told her as I try to explain it to her but she just kept on smiling at me.

"Oh!Don't be shy now!I support you guys a lot!You both look so adorable~!"she squeled again as she hold both of my hands now.

I felt a sudden lighthead now as I try to grasp everything that I just heard.Me as Law's girlfriend?That's impossible!I think both of us are like close friends and a family,its not like we're in a deep realtionship or something.Then a thought came to my mind.

"Wait,how can you ship us when you never saw us together before?"I ask her and this finally gains her attention.

"Of course I did meet you guys!Well,not directly per say though but I did catch a glance of you guys once while you guys were tending to the big guy!"she smiled happily at me as I try to remember the event.

Oh right,I was treating Crocodile at that time with Law so she must've saw me and him while we pass by her in a rush.

"Hehe,I see but I think you shouldn't ship us umm.."I trail on my words as I squint my eyes a bit.

"Oh!Right!My name is Perona!Nice to meet you and of course I will ship you guys no matter what!"she exclaimed happily and I just sweatdrop more.

Well,there's no stopping for her isn't?She is a presistent one and a childish one might I say.Reminded me of someone I knew who works as a vet.

●Meanwhile●

"Ha-choo..!"I sneeze loudly while I was eating some meat with my friend,the tiger.

"Man,someone must've been saying bad things about me"I told myself as I wipe my nose a bit and the tiger next to me look up to me in curious as I was pondering who might be thinking about me.

●Back to present●

"Nice to meet you too then Perona but I think I must go check on my patients now"I excused myself as I remember that I got that check on Crocodile's condition now.

"Oh,right!Well don't worry about what others talk about (R/N)!I'm always rooting for you!"she cheered on me and I just smiled at her.

"Thanks Perona!See you again then!"I waved goodbye at her as waved back at me.

"Hehe,she's a nice friend and a very cheerful person"I told myself and smiled a bit on the way as I head my way to Crocodile's room.

= = = =
What do you think of my puns?Was it PUNny?😂😂No?Okay then.. *silently crying*