There's More Than Meets The Eye

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"Okay,listen here kid!Even though I look small in my size but this one bites even though she looks like she doesn't!"I snap back at the kif infront of me as I saw his red eyes went wide in surprise and bewilderment but I stood still infront of him as my rage and pride took over me.

"I may look like not a doctor but someday I WILL be and I'm gonna make sure its soon and I'm not tolerating some kind of injured people mocking my dreams got it?!"I yelled at him as I lean my face more closer to him without I realise.

His face holds nothing other than shock and amazement but my thoughts were interrupt wheb he suddenly smirk.

"Heh,I guess you're right then,the kitty does bite back"he smirk at me and I as I realised the distance between our face,I instantly stood a few feet back and try to regain my composure back.

I just scoffed as I try to hid my embarassment away but at this rate,I couldn't hide it at all.

I manage to take a glance at his face and he was still grinning at me but I just puff my cheeks in anger but sadly,that feeling seems to fade away by the moment.

"Heh,you're an interesting one.What's your name?"he suddenly ask me and I just look at him with disbelief.

"Excuse me?"I jerked at him as I put both of my hands at my hips as I gave him a skeptical look.

"You heard me.You know,no other girls nor anybody to be exact,dare to talk to me or even raise their voice infront of me but you on the otherwise,did it"he grin at me as his looks still holds the amused look.

"I'll take that as a compliment but like I said,I will not tolerate with anybody who mock my dream and that goes the same with others dreams"I huffed at him and he just gaze at me as if he was examining me.

"My name is (R/N) and I think I've already told you before isn't?"I cross my arms to my chest as I stood beside his bed.

"Really?Well I didn't hear it earlier.I bet you already know my name isn't?"he look up at me and I just gaze back at his red orbs.

"Yeah,your name is Mr.Sassy Pant"I grin at him.

"Heh,someone's being fiesty isn't?"he chuckled at me and I couldn't help but to flash a triumph smile.

"The name is Kid.Eustass Kid.I'm one of the university student near the New Street"he introduced himself and I took a seat at the chair beside his bed.

"Well,nice to meet you Kid but mind telling me,how did you get that injuries in the first place?"I ask him as I gesture my hand to his left arm and his injuries at the other part of his body.

"It's a long story..It'll bore you if I tell you after all"he chuckled lightly as his right hand brush through his red fiery hair.

"Hmm,well,I'm already bored after all so entertain me"I hummed lightly as I try enlighten the mood a bit.

"Heh,alright then,well,it happend like this,I was on my way back from my university to my part-time work but then I saw some gang of guys circling around near the road lights.So I went to check it out till I saw that they were ganging up on this little kitten that is bleeding badly..I went to protect the kitten and I found out that they're one of the biggest mafias around that place and they were trying to find something to vent their anger out so they pick on this innocent kitty"he explained with a mix of emotions shown on his face but I just kept quite and listen to his story till he finish it.

"Wow,that was really brave of you..but you know,you could've got yourself kill if you didn't run away from them"I told him with a hint of worry and relief in my voice.