The road less traveled

When Sigyn woke up, she wasn't sure if she was elated or terrified by the prospect which had been set up before her. Get married, a horrible union which ended painfully and left two people feeling more intensely than usual, and considering Sigyn's abilities that would be more of a problem than even. On the other hand, a union which physically and magically could not be undone and kept them both connected with each other in a way which could never be compromised. In terms of Odin's visit, it was a foolproof plan which meant that no matter what happened they could find each other.

Loki shifted on her bosom, getting more comfortable and settling back into the light slumber which he seemed to be in. If they were bonded, what would he do when she woke up, and he felt her incessant worrying? Probably laugh and give her a kiss on the forehead and dismiss hear fears.

"Loki?" No response.

"Loki?" He groaned and nuzzled closer into her.

Sigyn smiled and draped her arm around his back allowing him a few more moment's rest. Having been woken up by a nightmare he needed at least the few more moments sleep which she was able to grant before Amora would come in with breakfast.

Loki turned his head further in her bosom, and she felt the horns which had come through just a few days ago making themselves known. Thankfully not painfully. They were simply there. If they wanted to do this, they would have to do it today. Odin would be along any time within this week, maybe even tomorrow, and so committing to this as soon as possible would be the best choice. Sigyn could easily arrange for a high priestess to meet them at the caves, but afterwards at least two days would be needed for recovery. So long as they were bonded, and the ceremony went well, there was nothing Odin could do, recovering or not.

"Loki, I'm sorry but as your pillow I must request a leave of absence." Loki whined and looked up at her, his red eyes somewhat pleading.

"But why?" He said, pouting slightly.

"Because if you want to get married then I need to make arrangements before the sun is in the centre of the sky." Loki gave her a dumbfounded look, completely shocked that she would actually consider his offer.

"What? You gave me a mutually beneficial offer which overall solves many major problems. Its a good plan." She said, keeping a somewhat straight face at the sign of her beloveds features in complete confusion.

"So you want to get... marries?" Sigyn nodded and saw Loki's face break out in a grin, all encompassing and completely infectious.

"But to do so you'll have to get up now, I'll have to confer with the high priestess and we have to ride to the caves of Einn and then it will take a few hours for the spells to set in. So we'll have to go within the next hour."

Loki nodded enthusiastically and jumped out of bed, practically diving for the bathroom trying to freshen up. Sigyn on the other hand opted to take her time, knowing that this would be the last time for a few days that she would walk, talk and sleep comfortably. And so she moved slowly, appreciating every little detail of motion. How her back clicked when she stretched, and the satisfying feeling of the stretch finally ending, removing elements of drowsiness from her body. She finally shuffled to the end of the bed, allowing the silk sheets to fall off of her effortlessly before slowly making her way to the wardrobe, choosing the dress which was least likely to be missed, considering that their clothes would most likely be ruined.

She heard the bathroom door open behind her, and heard the wet pitter patter of feet walking behind her and eventually ending up right at her side. She could tell that he was elated, but after today she wasn't sure how happy he would be about the union. She remembered the first time her mother had walked her past the caves, and the screams she had heard from within. Almost as bad as torture. Almost. She turned to face Loki, bath towel draped at his hips and water still clinging onto his skin. Somehow not freezing.