Fear not what you have no reason to fear

It was Sigyn's curious hand, tracing patterns on his cheek which woke him, though he wasn't sure why, he felt somewhat more afraid than usual. He was slightly on edge and every little movement felt slightly more dangerous, though he did enjoy the feeling of her fingers guiding themselves around the contours of his face. It was him physically opening his eyes which somewhat gave away why he felt he needed to be more aware of danger, mostly because he could see tints of blood red hues reflected in Sigyn's eyes, which were wide in awe.

Of course, he didn't catch on immediately, only when he brought his hand to wipe away the sleep that had collected in his eyes, and saw a mass of blue did he finally panic. He lurched away, tangling himself in the blanket and slipping off the bed in an almost comical way, before desperately shuffling backwards into one of the walls and trying his hardest to cover as much of himself in it as possible, which was proving harder than initially thought due to how in his panic he had somehow frozen parts of the quilt in place.

He was desperately trying to shuffle a little further back, perhaps trying to make the wall engulf him, anything to get further away from Sigyn, but the wall stayed strong, as did the laws of physics, and he was stuck staring terrified into her curious eyes.

His chest was rising and falling quickly, unable to control the complete fear he felt. The fear that she would either run or come closer. He wasn't sure which would be worse. Perhaps is he tried to vanish? No that couldn't and wouldn't work, not with her, not ever with her.

She slowly slipped off the bed, her feet hitting the wooden floor gently with almost no sound, before she began taking tentative steps towards Loki, trying not to alarm him in any way with quick movements. She cries to the moon, goes to bed, doesn't have nightmares and then wakes up with her consort as a Jötun, overall she was handling the events of that day pretty well considering they hadn't even had breakfast.

"Loki?" It wasn't harsh, not like his when he had found out, not how he imagined Thor would react, and certainly not how he had imagined her to react. She was reassuring him, rather than hunting him.

"Loki, are you alright?" He was frozen in place, trying so hard to comprehend how she could simply brush aside the fact that he had literally changed to a primary colour whilst they both slept. The frost that had been confined by the blanket had begun to steadily spread through the rest of the room, stopping just before her feet, making Loki's breathing increase even more, afraid that if she stepped on it she'd be consumed by the cold.

However when she stepped upon the ice, not a single crystal appeared on her in any way.

She took another tentative step, getting ever closer and not seeming to fear what she was approaching. Instead, she looked curious, interested, rather than repulsed.

The closer she got, the higher his heart rate went. He tried so hard to try and move, yet he was completely unable to get himself to slip away. He found himself trying his hardest instead, not to lean towards her as she took steps closer.

She kneeled in front of him, already too close he should think, still looking at him in awe, examining every dip and contour, every different pattern across his face, shoulders and neck with such delicate curiosity.

She reached her hand out.

"No."

She drew it back, tilting her head questioningly.

"You can't touch me, I'll hurt you." He sounded genuinely scared for her, despite the fact that he had literally been holding her moments before, and she had touched his cheek with not a single moment of pain.

"Loki, you won't." She was speaking softly, yet firmly, as one would talk to a child in distress. In many ways, this was almost exactly how they had met, and somehow, it felt as if they were meeting properly for the first time. She saw him as he truly was, and he saw her through his own eyes, not those of the spells.