Emerald Green

Sigyn was sure she couldn't have fallen asleep last night, she barely remembered lying down, much less dozing off, and yet simply the act of awakening proved her completely wrong. She was slowly becoming aware of the light streaming through her window, straight into her eye due to her neglect of closing the curtains before she went to bed last night. None the matter, she would be awake early and get more work done. She knew she had to consult Amora about the whole 'consort' situation, and yet she wasn't sure what prompted it. She was perfectly happy enjoying Loki's company without adding a label to it, and yet there was a nagging feeling in the back of her mind, as if something had happened, but she couldn't quite remember what.

Her right arm was completely numb, apparently being crushed in some way by something, because when she tried to move it slightly it remained in the same positioned, pinned down by the large form above it.

She sighed and digressed, simply laying back down on whatever seemed to be pinning her arm down. Whatever it was, it was slightly warm, keeping her extremely comfortable. She snuggled into it, enjoying the sensation of semi-warmth as opposed to stifling heat, and loving the slow rise and fall movements which seemed to be lulling her back into a half-sleep.

She heard a light groan from above her, resonating in what she had now dismissed as a pillow, causing her to groan in agreement. Whatever it was, it was very much as tired as her, and hopefully just as comfortable. It wrapped its arms around her waist, pulling her closer in, allowing her to bury her face in the crook of their shoulder. She sighed in satisfaction at the simple comfort she was experiencing in her sleepy state.

Eventually, she did realise her Aesir pillow turned out to be Loki, however she was simply too tired and comfortable to give a flying damn. For all she cared, the armies of Valhalla could turn against them today and she would die in comfort. Slowly she rested her hear under his chin and remained, trying her best not to wake him. Considering how they'd talked of nightmares she was sure that rest such as this did not come easily for him.

Eventually, she felt his chin come to rest on the top of her head, signifying his waking. In most instances, Sigyn supposed that people would greet each other or possibly give some acknowledgement of the mutual waking, and yet both of them seemed to be appreciating the complete silence between the two.

They remained in each others, enjoying the company of the other before one of them had to leave, most likely Sigyn, to complete one task or another or talk to this lord and that lady about that one important thing which they seemed to keep trying to dismiss. Of course, she had done this since she had inherited the crown, and yet it seemed so much more repulsive in the early morning, curled up in her bed, wrapped in another's arms.

Eventually she found herself shifting towards the side of the bed, trying to leave Loki's grip, only to have him whine and almost lock her in place. Sigyn would never tell him but that simple reaction made her smile to herself.

Loki buried his face in the crook of her neck, just as she had done earlier, and wrapped his arms around her ever so tighter, securing her in place, laying on his chest.

"Loki?" He hummed sleepily in response, barely moving.

"Loki I have to get out of bed." She felt him sigh against her neck, yet still not loosen his hold around her waist.

"Stay," He whispered gently against her ear, prompting a shiver from her. Of course, that was only from the cold in his breath, not the fact that he was so close to her, and his nose nuzzling her neck, not at all.

"I can't, I have a meeting with my advisors, and I have to speak to Amora." She replied, finding her argument less and less compelling as time went on. Simply being within a bed with him had chased her nightmares away, as well as his it seemed, and she wasn't used to not waking up alert, with no sweat on her brow, so the sensation of drowsiness in the morning was foreign and deadly to her.