Chapter 38

Alejandro POV

"NO!" I scream as I watch Amina fall over the railings with a bullet wound in her stomach. I run to her holding down the wound while screaming to Roy. I look around to see the other shot was to Mabel's knee by Landon. She was on the ground and her ground was kicked away from her. "WTF MABEL. I SAID NOT AMINA. KILL THE KIDS NOT HER" he says pulling at his hair and pacing. She just sat laughing. "Awe Boohoo little boys. You both are crying over this whore and she wants neither of you. Children by brothers what a scandal." She said before falling back do to the shot in her head.

Roy came in quickly and eyes widened at the sight of Amina before quickly grabbing her and nodding at me. I nodded before getting up and making my way to Landon. "You piece of shit. I hope you're fucking happy. If she dies I. Will. End. You." I say menacingly. "She was mines first. You just couldn't have found your own bitch could you?" He says angrily. " It was YOU who didn't want her. You can't get the girl and not the kids it doesn't work that way. So now that boy at the hospital is MY son. Those two little ladies are MY daughters. You just probably got their mother killed because you wanted to be deadbeat. I hope you rot. I would leave now because the next time we cross paths in any ways you won't make it out alive" I shouted. He glared at me before raising his gun and shooting quickly. I turn and realize that he shot the guard that tried to kill Amina. "Take care of her" he says before putting his guns in the holder and leaving through the front door only to fall backwards back in with a bullet wound in his forehead. Stepping over his body was a red eyed Luther. I stare at him in shock. "Now if I heard correctly he got my babygirl shot AND tried to kill my grandkids. If she didn't love you so much I would kill you for almost letting him go " he said. I scoffed at the fact that he thinks he's big and bad when the reason why most of this happened to his daughter was because of him. He looked at a dead mabel and gave me a nod. I let out a curse before running out the door.

~~~~~~~~~~~ Thirty Minutes Later~~~~~~~~~~~
Luther and I arrived at the hospital and ran to the receptionist. She look at us then licked her lips. "Hello darlings how may I help you". "Uh yes we are looking for Amina Afua" I say. " only family members but maybe you can convince me..." she says in what I assume she think is seductive. " Listen here whore. That's my fucking daughter and his wife, mother of his kids. Tell us the fucking room number now." Luther says. " uh. Y-Yes sir. One second." She begins typing through the computer and hands us a sticky note with a room number. Forgetting the elevator we rush u the stairs and to her room. We arrive to see roy and ray standing guard outside. I greet them before walking through. Noah sat in a chair holding Aaliyah with Maddy sleep on his shoulder. I finally look at Amina. She is hooked to different types of machine and it slowly makes me lose hope. I grasp her hand and kiss it. "I'm so sorry babygirl for everything. Please wake up. I- I love you so much please please." I say before tears start rushing down my eyes. I excuse myself before leaving out the room.

Amina POV
I woke up and I was laying in.. grass. I quickly jump up and look around to see myself at a park. "Hello child" a voice says. "H-hi" I whisper back. My vision clears and I see a beautiful and oddly familar woman sitting in front of me. "I'm Am-" I start before she stops me. " I know who you are baby. I'm Octavia" she says. My eyes widens and before I knew I was holding her tight in what felt like a real motherly embrace. "That hag Mabel really done caused a problem now I tell ya." She says. " If I was alive I would what you kids say put the paws on her" she laughs raising her fist. " wait, am I dead" I asked touching my body feeling fine. " Do you wanna be dead?" She asked. I quickly shake my head. "I can help you get back then" she says.

" Can you come too?" I ask hopefully. Shaking her she responds "no child. I am long gone. I had no guide to get me back in time." We talked for what felt like hours before she told me it was time for me to go. " I don't wanna see you or your family back here anytime soon you here?" Smiling I give another tight hug before blinking and opening my eyes to bright lights. Squinting I sit up and feel ... fine"MOMMY" I hear someone yell. I look to see ... Noah and maddy? They jump on me and I hug them tight and give them lots of kisses. "Mommy all these years Ale said they couldn't turn the machine off aren't you happy?!" Maddy yells. I try to talk but my throat is rasp. She hands me a cup of water from my side stand. " Yeah baby.. wait years?" Maddy looks down and nudges Noah. " Nice going stupid. Mommy ... it's been two years since you went to sleep. Dad says you bit a bad apple" Noah explains. I press the button for the doctor and he comes in shocked. He unhooks me from the machines and checks me before saying I should be able to leave in a few days. As he leaves someone comes through the door "Alright kids let's go" Alejandro says without looking up. Aaliyah WALKING in behind him. "M-my baby is walking" I say teary eyed making Alejandro's eyes shoot up and dropped all the bears he was holding. "MOMMY" Aaliyah yells running to me. I pick her up hugging and kissing her. I hug all my kids close to me but was looking at Ale over their heads as he stood frozen. Snapping out of his daze he slowly made his way towards me. The kids got off my bed and moved to collect the things from the floor. We stared at eachother and I smile and he returns back. He snatches me from the bed and hugs me tightly to body as if he was trying to mold us together. I hear soft cries in my neck and I pull away to see him crying. "I don't know what I would have done if you wouldn't have woken up. I can't go on without you. I'm so sorry for everything" he says. I wipe his tears and kiss him. The kids come join in our hug and we all stay wrapped together on my hospital bed with Alejandro whispering about how much he loves me and how he will change and do better. My room door opens again after they fall asleep and this time it's Luther who walks in and looks shocked at me.