Chapter 5

Chapter 5

I walked into Theatre feeling very confused and a bit disappointed. Why did he leave so fast? I wonder if it had something to do with Cal?

I took a deep breath to clear my head and walked into the Theatre classroom. I quickly scanned the room before I spotted an empty seat next to a red headed girl.

I walked over and smiled at her as I sat down. Before I could even introduce myself, she rolled her eyes and moved to a table behind me.

Oookay. That was rude.

I started to feel a bit down hearted, as I put my bag on the ground. I looked over to Johnny and he gave me a reassuring wink and thumbs up when he saw my sad face.

This was only second period; I shouldn't have been so discouraged so quickly.

I faced the front of the room and watched as a middle-aged guy walked through the door. I'm assuming this was Mr. Charming.

"Hello class," he addressed, as he looked around the room at his new students. "I'm Mr. Charming, your theatre II teacher. I'm going to check attendance so when I call out your name, say here."

He went and sat at his desk and typed something into his computer.

"Justine Ammings"

He started calling role, and I waited patiently, knowing I'd be close to the end with my last name starting with a 'P'.

He kept calling out names until he said a name I recognized.

"Ashton Hayes"

I looked around the room, but I didn't see him.

"Ashton Hayes," Mr. Charming said again.

As if on cue, the door opened to reveal the blue-eyed boy.

"Sorry I'm late, Charming. Mrs. Ella held me up," he said as he strode over to Mr. Charming and handed him a little piece of paper.

"That's alright Ashton. Just try to get here on time next time."

Ashton turned around and immediately spotted me. He smiled as he sat in the open seat next to me.

"Fancy seeing you here," he said.

"Yeah. You have no idea how happy I am to see you."

"I knew I was irresistible, but dang, I didn't knowI was that good," he joked.

"Ha. Ha. No, I was talking about the fact that you're the only one, besides Callan, that I know here. And before you got here, a very rude girl was there and I don't think we'll be friends any time soon," I complained.

"I'm sorry. Some kids are just intimidated, you know? I bet if she actually knew you, she wouldn't have acted like that. Did you know you're a very likable person?"

"I've been told so a few times," I laughed.

Even though I made it sound like I was kidding, I totally wasn't. In business, people will compliment you non-stop to get you to buy their products or promote them. It gets super annoying, but I just have to go with it.

"I would ask you how your first day is going, but it's only second period," he said.

"Yeah. Ask me at the end of the day and see what I say."

"Rory Pinnock," I heard Mr. Charming call.

"Here," I called out.

Immediately, all the heads turned in my direction. All eyes were unblinking as each person tried to figure out what they should do.