Chapter 9

Chapter 9

I'm currently stuck in the school until the local police officers can bail me from this place.

Fantastic.

I texted Cal that I was stuck and he would have to find another ride home, but he didn't text back. I guess he already wasn't riding with me.

I feel like I should be upset with him, but i'm only mildly angry. I want to scold him for being a jerk, then give him a hug and become best friends again. I just wish I knew what was going on with him.

"Rory! Hey! Are you waiting for someone?"

I looked up to see Ashton coming my way from down the practically empty hallway.

"More like a group of people. There is a large crowd of photographers outside and I have to wait for the police to get here and escort me home," I bitterly said.

He looked up at the school doors and out the windows and seemed to just notice the amount of people outside.

"That sucks," he admitted with a look of pity.

I just shrugged my shoulders and looked back at the ground. I heard a bit of shuffling them Ashton came and stood next to me against the lockers.

"You know, if you really want to get out of here, I think I can help," he smiled.

I jerked my eyes up to his, suspiciously staring at him before asking, "what did you have in mind?"

A mischievous smirk crossed his face as he started to spill his horrible and brilliant idea.

Johnny is going to hate me.

****

"This is never going to work," I whined.

"I'm a genius. Of course it will," Ashton gloated as he adjusted his sunglasses.

"So all I have to do is walk out the front doors?" Ashton recruited a poor girl from my English class to impersonate me. All she has to do is pretend to be me, but she seems to have trouble with even that.

I nodded as Ashton looked out the windows once more, to make sure everything was still going as planned.

"But how am I suppose to get to my car," she asked for the third time.

Ashton and I sighed simultaneously, then looked at each other and grinned.

He looked at me for a second longer before turning to the girl to explain the plan. Once again.

"Listen closely, Becca, because this is the last time I'm going to explain this. You wear the wig and sunglasses, like you are now, and walk out the front doors with Johnny, the bodyguard. The police will be waiting outside to push you through the paparazzi. Meanwhile, Rory and I will be sneaking out of these back doors, to her car, and driving away."

She stood there for a minute in deep thought, while Ashton and I held our breaths.

"Why would they think I'm her though?"

Ashton groaned as I smacked my forehead with my hand.

"They are expecting Rory to be escorted out by the police, no matter what she is wearing. And since you only partly look like her, we put a wig and sunglasses on you and the paps will never know the difference."

She still looked utterly confused, but nodded.

"Just go with it," I told her, patting her back.

"Johnny, are you ready," Ashton asked, as he put his back pack on.

Johnny was not particularly happy with the idea, but even he knew we didn't really have any other options.