Chapter 7

Chapter 7

I managed to drop Cal off at home without the tension in the back seat killing everyone. They were just too cute together!

Ashton was coming over to stay with Cal since I would be gone so I didn't have to worry about him.

After that, we made it to Grace's house in record time.

Jo and I couldn't help, but mess with Lou about Cal. I don't know if her cheeks will ever turn back to their normal pigment.

I pulled into Grace's driveway and saw Grace had been hiding something. She was filthy rich!

The whole month I'd been here, I hadn't seen a house even close to this size. We didn't have houses much like this in New York because there wasn't enough room, but in LA, these houses were everywhere.

"Both her parents are doctors," Lou said, reading my thoughts. "Her dad's an anesthesiologist and her mom's a brain surgeon, but they are rarely home. From the few times I've met them though, they seem pretty cool."

I popped the trunk and went to get my things out of it. Lou and Jo followed since their things were in it as well.

I started grabbing my bags when Jo gasped.

"Are all of these bags yours?"

I looked around at all of my bags in the trunk with a confused expression on my face.

"Well, of course not silly. Those two are yours and Lou's, the other five are mine," I said pulling more of my bags out of the trunk.

Why was this bag so heavy?

Oh yeah! It was all my hair essentials.

"You know, we're only staying here one night," Lou said raising her eyebrows.

I groaned and replied, "Okay, so I may have overpacked a bit."

Jo coughed.

"Okay a lot, but this is my first sleepover and I wanted to make sure I had everything."

I started picking up my bags, but soon realized I was going to have to make more than one trip.

"Wait, you've never been to a sleepover?"

I bit my lip and shook my head.

Great. Now they'll probably think I'm a loser with no friends.

"You've been to remote countries and you're on national television, but you've never been to a sleepover," Jo asked with unbelief.

"Way to rub it in," I joked.

"Please, I'd rather meet Channing Tatum any day."

"Yeah. The day I met him was a pretty good day. He's a lot better looking in person," I joked, still messing with them.

"Shut up," Lou said grabbing one of my bags off the cement, while Jo grabbed the other one that was left.

I laughed and closed my trunk, before picking up the bags I put down.

But seriously. That was a really good day. He called me cute!

In a little sister sort of way, but still.

Just as we started to make our way to the front door, Grace poked her head out of the door and yelled at us.

"It's about time! I've been waiting for y'all to come. I heard the car shut off, but it took forever for y'all to come in."

"Great to see you too Grace," Lou called out.

She only rolled her eyes and held the door open for us.