Chapter 3

Chapter 3

My parents just fought through the crowd of fans and paparazzi to board their plane. Now it's my turn.

Except i'm not boarding a plane. Just fighting through the crowd.

"Rory!"

"Rory!"

"Miss Pinnock!"

I knew they would find me at some point, I just hoped it wouldn't be this soon. Great.

"Who's with you?"

"Is this your boyfriend?"

I just followed the body guard that's been assigned to me for the week and ignored the paparazzi. My head body guard is on vacation and won't be back until the end of the week. Just in time for school.

Along with my body guard missing, is my fashion stylist. Sam was suppose to be in already, but he called just before his flight was suppose to take off and said he was in the middle of a family crisis.

Apparently, at his cousin's wedding, everyone found out that she was pregnant with another man and that her sister was pregnant with the groom. Yeah. That family should be in a soap opera.

Anyway, he said he's not sure when he will be able to come down now, but if he can't make it before school starts, he will send me a list of outfits to wear.

I could tell Cal was trying to stay calm with the whole situation, but I could also see he was freaked out. This was his first time to experience the attention my fame brings. So far he's taking the situation okay. My family had managed to stay under the radar for the past few days, but we knew it wouldn't last for long.

The body guard led us to my aunt's car, then got in himself. Aunt Carol started the car and sped away to get away from the following vans. She was determined to keep the location of her house a secret. After a few shortcuts and a couple of sketchy looking back roads, we made it back home, alone might I add.

"Aunt Carol, you seem like you've done this before," I said with a smile.

"Oh yes. When your mom was just starting to become famous, we lived in an apartment together. I was only around her fame maybe a year though because Trip proposed, we got married, and soon after, moved here.

I was able to experience a bit if the phenomenon before I moved though. I tell you what, there is nothing like it," Aunt Carol said.

I giggled at her country accent that was present in that monologue. Overall, she had a "regular" accent, but every once on a while, I could hear her country accent show through.

Cal virtually didn't have one, but certain words he said had a bit of an accent in them.

"So I know Cal needs to get some last minute school supplies. Do you as well Rory," Aunt Carol asked me with a glance at me in the passenger seat.

"Yes, I think so. I'm pretty sure I have most everything plus some, but there are a few things I forgot."

"Okay. Office Depot, here we come."

Not even 5 minutes later we pulled into the parking lot of a little mall. And when I say little i don't mean the mall was cute, it was literally really little. This place doesn't even look like it's more than one level! What kind of a mall is this?

"I'm going to go next door for a second. I need to get a couple of new bras," Aunt Carol told me and Cal.

"Mom," Cal exclaimed.

I started giggling while Cal whined about how embarassing his mom was.

"Callan, buying new bras are a part of life. Now deal with it," Aunt Carol said turning to walk into Victoria's Secret. "I'll meet you guys at Office Depot once i'm done," she called over her shoulder.