Chapter 16

"Mmm," Normani breathes out, stretching on the bed and curling closer to Camila.

Camila rolled onto her side and yawned before stretching out her limbs and opening her eyes tiredly. She looked at the clock. "Shit!" She cursed under her breath. "I'm late." She sat up quickly.

Frowning, Normani sits up and looks at Camila. "Late?" She asked tiredly, rubbing her eyes.

"Work." Camila got out of bed and hurried into the closet to get her uniform.

"I thought you had off today, that's why you stayed over." The dark-skinned girl mumbled in confusion.

Camila shook her head. "That was last week."

Getting up, Normani runs a hand through her hair. "Are you coming back tonight or going home?"

"Um, I don't know." Camila said, pulling on her boots.

Normani moves toward Camila, sighing when Josiah and Ethan start crying. "I guess I'll see you when I see you." She says, moving into the kitchen to make bottles.

Camila followed Normani and kissed her cheek. "I love you. Bye."

"I love you too." Normani says, turning around and kissing Camila softly. "Bye."

Camila pulled away. "Thanks for letting me stay." She kissed Normani's cheek before disappearing out of the house.

Moving into the nursery, Normani picks Josiah up and begins feeding him, Ethan was content with is pacifier at the moment.

Josiah finished his food quickly, a toothless smile appearing on his face.

Smiling, Normani kisses his forehead and burps him before laying him in his bassinet and lifting Ethan up, giving him a fresh bottle.

Ethan kicked his tiny feet as he drank from the bottle.

Later that night, Normani is cleaning the kitchen when a pair of arms wrap around her causing her to flinch in confusion.

"Hey, relax, it's just me." Camila said.

Turning around, Normani relaxes and smiles. "Hey, I thought you were going home tonight." She breathes out.

"I came to see if you wanted to come with me." Camila said softly. "The girl's miss you."

Biting her lip, Normani tries to hide the fear in her eyes. "I don't know."

Camila smiled softly. "It's okay if you don't want to."

"I'm sorry, it's not that I don't miss them, I just. I'm used to being alone now." Normani mumbles, looking down at her hands.

"It's just dinner." Camila said. "They miss you. They want you to come home but they think you want to be alone. Laur thinks you don't love her anymore."

Tears fill Normani's eyes and she begins playing with her fingers. "I do love her."

"She needs you to tell her that." Camila said softly, reaching up and caressing Normani's cheek. "Just come eat dinner with us, please."

Nodding her head, Normani steps back and looks up at Camila. "Okay, but I need to pack a bag for the twins."

Camila nodded. "I'll help you."

****

"Mama," Seth whines tiredly, he had just turned two and no matter how hard they tried he still cried whenever Dinah or Lauren left.
"She'll be back soon." Lauren said.

Holding his arms up toward Lauren, the two year old steps closer.
Lauren sighed and lifted Seth up. "Shh."

Laying his head on her shoulder, he rubs his eyes and slowly starts to fall asleep.