Chapter 10

Summer stared at the doctor in confusion before looking at Prue and Emilia.

They sat in an awkward silence. Prue and Emilia shared a look before looking at Summer.

"Who's the bald man?" The three year old asks randomly.

"He's a sleep doctor." Prue said softly. "He's going to help you sleep."

Frowning, Summer turns to look at the doctor. "You can help me sleep?"

The doctor nodded. "If you'll let me."

Nodding her head, Summer reaches up to rub her eyes tiredly.

"Summer don't rub your eyes." Prue warned.

Whining, Summer drops her arms and looks at Prue, her blue eyes were filled with exhaustion.

"Stop whining." Prue said. She was getting tired of Summer not sleeping. She wondered if this was how her parents felt when she was a child.

Tears filled the little girl's eyes and she looks down at her hands.

Prue sighed. "I'm going to go for a walk. It's warm in here." She stood up and left the room.

Emilia shook her head and moved over to Summer, she didn't understand Prue lately.

"Mama," Summer sobs out, reaching for Emilia.

"Hey, it's okay." Emilia said softly, bringing Summer into her lap.

The three year old buries her face in Emilia's neck.

"I would like to run some tests, the first thing we'll start with is a sleep study." The doctor says softly.

"A sleep study?" Emilia questioned.

"A sleep study is where Summer stays overnight in one of our sleep study offices, we hook her up to some machines and monitor her brain waves while she sleeps." The doctor responds.

"That sounds complicated." Emilia said.

The doctor shakes his head, "No, it's not really complicated."

"It sounds like it is." Emilia shrugged.

"Understandable, but it's not, I can assure you of that." The doctor responds.

Summer shifts in Emilia's arms and releases a soft yawn.

Emilia nodded. She ran her fingers through Summer's hair.

"Alright, we'll set this up for you at the desk." The doctor says standing up.

Emilia nodded, standing up and placing Summer on her hip.

Summer yawns again and nuzzles Emilia's neck.

Emilia rubbed Summer's back as the doctor walked her out of the room.

"Mama, sleepy." The three year old mumbles tiredly.

"I know you are, the doctor is going to try to help you." Emilia said softly.

Nodding, Summer curls into Emilia even more. "Sing to me?"

"Okay." Emilia said. She began humming a song.

Slowly, Summer relaxed against Emilia and fell asleep.

Emilia organised Summer's next appointed and carried Summer out of the building before going to look for Prue.

Emilia got halfway down the street before someone stopped her.

"You look just like her." The man said stepping in front of Emilia.