I live with a vampire and his vampire servants [Book 2 Chpt 15]

Chapter 15 - Anything is Possible

Sitting on the steps I stared down at the sidewalk registering everything that happened last night. My thoughts got deeper and intense as I thought it over. There isn't much to think about. Monique is dead and I have nothing to worry about. It seems as if all the troubles are gone and nothing could ruin it. 

"Kiara."  

I turned around to Jordan. 

"We're leaving in a couple of minutes." 

I nodded and turned back around. I heard him shut the door and he sat next to me joining me to stare at the sidewalk. 

"How did Monique know Jaylee?" I asked out of the blue. 

"I knew you'd ask something about Monique." He sighed. "Jaylee was saved by Monique. She saved her from a vampire, your dad, Kiara." 

I thought my heart couldn't get any worse but I could feel it just sink a bit more. Everything seems to be revolving around my dad. It doesn't matter what it is, everything comes back to him. I just would like to know if he was a bad guy or a good guy. He's done bad things but that technically doesn't make him bad. There's so much I don't know about him, so much I want answered. 

"Remember when I almost drove us into a river?" Jordan asked. 

"Yeah." 

"Monique, she had a spell on the outside of Atlanta. Any vampire driving or walking to that spot becomes unconscious and ends up killing themselves. The only reason we didn't get killed is because she found out you were in the car." 

"So why didn't she just kill me then?" 

"I don't think she wanted to hurt Autumn." 

"Yeah right, she was the one who wanted to kill everyone." 

He shrugged. "I'm not sure, just be thankful we're still alive." 

"I'm still wondering why everyone forgot about her." 

"There's just some questions that won't be answered, you're gonna have to let those questions slip away."  

I gritted my teeth not wanting to let go of my questions. I won't ever get them answered, I know that. The only way I'd get them answered is by the head vampires, but I know they'll never cooperate.  

"Are you guys ready to leave?" Nile asked behind us. 

"Yeah, we're ready." Jordan answered. 

We stood up and went over by the car. The others came out to say goodbye. I'm ready to go home; it's been too much of an adventure this week. 

"Don't look so sad." Nick said to me as he gave me a hug. 

"I'm not." 

He chuckled. "Come visit again, alright?" 

I nodded. "I will." 

Autumn gave me the next hug and told me how much she enjoyed having me here. I went over to Jaylee and bent down to her. 

"Thanks again." I said to her. 

"You're welcome Kiara." She gave me a quick hug. 

I stood up and turned around to Jordan and Nile. They were ready to leave and so was I. We said our last goodbyes and Nile drove this time. Even if the incident was a 'spell', I really don't think Nile will trust Jordan driving. I watched as the house got smaller driving away as we headed back home. Home, a feeling that never gets old.

When we got to the mansion, like always, the creepy butler opened the door. Gracie and Hazel were happy to see us back. Gracie, Hazel, and Shelby headed back home earlier than us. Everyone already knew we were back because of my scent. Many, who I haven't gotten to know yet, passed by without saying hello. Austin and his friends stopped by though to welcome us back. There is deffiently a scent difference between humans and vampires. Living here so long I have gotten use to their scents.