I live with a vampire and his vampire servants [Book 2 Chpt 4]

Chapter 4 - Scent

I stared at the little girl who hid behind Autumn holding her hand. I looked at Nick with a confused face and he had a smile on his. I looked over at Jordan and Nile who had the same face as me. I looked back at Autumn.

"This is Jaylee. Nick and I adopted her about a couple of weeks ago." Autumn said.

"And you didn't tell me!" I argued at her.

"No," Nick said. "Autumn wanted it to be a surprise."

I cocked my head at the girl.

"Jaylee this is Kiara." She pointed to me. "And that's Jordan and Nile."

The girl didn't say anything. She just dug her face into her new mom's arm. She's probably scared.

"Congratulations." I said to them.

"What made you two adopt?" Nile asked.

"We passed by the orphanage and we saw her outside on the playground." Nick said. "I guess, we kind of just fell in love with her."

"I have something else to tell you." Autumn said to me.

Something else? Other than getting a girl adopted.

"I'm pregnant."

I heard Nile laugh under his breath and kind of glanced at him. He was covering his mouth trying not to laugh. What was so funny?

"Really?" I asked shocked.

She nodded. "It's almost been a month."

"That's so great." I said excited. "I can't believe you're having a kid."

"Hey Nick," I heard Nile say. "You wanna show us to where the rooms are so they can -." He pointed to us.

Nick knew what Nile meant. "Of course. Follow me." Nick left my side and went upstairs.

"Isn't it great?" Autumn said all excited.

"Yeah, it's wonderful. I'm happy for you."

"I have a beautiful daughter." She patted Jaylee's head. "And I have a baby on the way."

I smiled a half smile. It really is a wonderful thing for her. Knowing you have two wonderful kids to care for. Then a wonderful husband to be there for you and support you throughout it all. That's a true family. I wonder what it's like, to have a normal family.

I was upstairs unpacking throwing stuff on one side of my bed to sort out my shirts from my pants. There was a window with white curtains in front of me. It was across from the bed. The bed sat against the wall head first and the night stand stood on the left side of the bed if you stood at the end. The closet was on the right side of the room toward the corner. There was a desk in the left corner with some drawers down the side. It was just a plain room but this room will either be one of the kid's or just a regular guest room.

I heard a knock and turned around to the door.

"Hey Nile." I said.

"Hey, how's it going in here?" He asked walking in.

"Fine, I guess." I turned back around taking the rest out of my stuff out of the bag.

Nile sat on my bed. "So, what do you think of that girl?" He asked.

"She's cute."

"Cute?"

"Yeah, I think she looks nice."

"I gotta tell you something Kiara."

"What is it?" I stopped moving my stuff and looked at him.

"She's . . . she's not normal." He whispered.