I live with a vampire and his vampire servants [Book 2 Chpt 6]

Chapter 6 - The Vampire Hunter's house

We all got quiet for a little while. I glanced back at the house and found Monique looking through the kitchen window then walk away. I looked at Nile who saw the same thing I did. I tried to sort everything in my head about all this. She did have a door upstairs that was locked. And it turned out on one side of the room where people who got bit and the other side was people who were pulled apart. I shivered at the thought of it. The images popped in my head franticly and then I stopped thinking about it. I waited for one of us to say something.

"I was wondering why she had those scents." Nile whispered.

"Shh." Jordan said. "Let's not talk about it here."

We all kept our mouths shut about it. I can't really say if she is a vampire hunter. How would she be? Does she actually know about vampires? And the most important question is, does she know Jordan and Nile are vampires?

"What do we do in the mean time?" Nile asked.

"Just act normal. We don't want any trouble."

"That's kind of hard to stay normal now." He argued.

Jordan rolled his eyes at him then looked at me.

"Why you looking at me? I'm human." I said mocking him.

He smiled. "Not for long." He whispered.

"What's that supposed to mean?"

He shrugged.

I looked down at Nile. "Is the water warm?" I asked him.

"I don't know. Everything is warmer to me."

"Interesting."

"Why don't you come in?"

"No thanks."

"You're no fun."

"I know."

"Do you want something to eat?"

We all got startled. That wasn't any of us who said that. I turned around and looked up to find Monique hovering over Jordan and I like she was making sure nothing was going wrong.

I looked at Jordan and Nile then back at Monique. "I think we're fine. We just had something before we came here."

"Okay, well please come inside and grab something in the fridge if you want." She said perky.

"Okay."

She walked away. I turned back but then glanced over my shoulder and met her eyes. I quickly looked back in front of me. We kept quiet until we heard the slam of the door. I let out a big sigh.

"Why do things get more complicated every day?" I asked while lying down looking at the sky.

"Don't worry it's not that bad." Jordan said. "Nile and I just have to watch out not to get chopped up."

"She's still watching." Nile said.

"Well stop staring." I argued to him.

"It's kind of hard not to."

I sat up and put my back against Jordan so Nile would stop staring at her. I don't want to draw any more attention to us then necessary.

"Have a little fun." Nile said as he went under the water.

"How long can you guys stay under the water?" I whispered to Jordan.

"As long as we want to. We're basically half dead so we can't breathe."