I live with a vampire and his vampire servants [Book 2 Chpt 9]

Chapter 9 - Surprise

I came out of my room still in my pajamas and bumped into Nick.

"Hey sleepy head." He said stopping in front of me.

"Morning Nick."

"Nile is downstairs and Jordan is still sleeping."

Jordan is still sleeping? That's not like him. He's usually up early in the morning ready to go.

"Did you ever call Shelby to come up tomorrow?"

"No, sorry I forgot. I meant to do it last night but I guess I got distracted." I smiled slightly.

"You might want to tell her to come during the day."

"Why?"

He handed me the newspaper he had in his hand. I took it and read the heading on the first page.

"Three people found dead." I read aloud. "You mean they were killed?" I asked looking up to him.

He nodded. "If it's okay Autumn and I decided to leave Jaylee here with you. After people getting killed off we don't want Jaylee at the daycare. Is that okay?"

"That's fine. I don't think we were planning on doing anything anyway."

"If you want and this is if you want, you can go out for lunch. I know you three are responsible to take Jaylee somewhere."

"Okay."

"I'll leave some money downstairs."

I nodded and Nick went into his room. I went downstairs and saw Nile talking to Autumn in the kitchen.

"Morning Kiara." She said.

"Morning." I went in the cupboard and got a bowl out.

"Jordan isn't awake?" Nile asked me.

I shook my head as I got the cereal.

"What a bum." He whispered.

I knew that wasn't what he was really thinking but that's something that a 'human' would say. I poured some cereal in a bowl and got the milk out of the fridge.

"Did Nick tell you about -?"

"Yes." I cut Autumn off.

"You don't mind?"

"No, not at all."

She smiled. "Thank you."

I nodded.

There was a thud and everyone looked at each other.

"Isn't Jordan's room right above here?" I asked Nile.

He nodded. "I'll be right back." He got up and walked away.

Autumn went over to the sink and did some of the dishes. I sat down at the table and waited for Nile to come back. I looked at my arm and it was lightly bruised but nothing too major. I sighed softly that even Autumn couldn't hear it.

"Kiara."

I looked over at Nile who was whispering my name in the hall. Autumn wasn't paying attention to me so I left the table and went over to him.

"You gotta see this." He said grabbing my arm and pulling me up the stairs.

Nick's door was shut so we didn't have to worry about him. Nile dragged me into Jordan's room and shut the door behind him.

"What is it?"

"Shh, whisper." He corrected.

"What is it?" I whispered.