I live with a vampire and his vampire servants [Book 2 Chpt 13]

Chapter 13 - Pain

Her words sunk into my head simmering with pain in agony. Those were not the words I was expecting her to say.

"What do you mean you killed my dad?" I asked slowly in confusion.

"Exactly that." She said snobby. "The Crusaders know I am one of the most powerful vampire hunters and by that, they asked me to execute your father."

"My father did nothing wrong!"

"You're father broke the rules and he had to die. I was the one who killed your father by orders of the Crusaders. They never killed me because I'm a weapon to them, a tool."

"You knew he was my dad, why did you do it!?"

"For money hun, he was going to kill you eventually. I guess you could say I did you a favor."

"You did no one a favor."

She circled around me and I didn't let my eyes follow her. "You'll have to thank your dad once you see him again." She kicked me in the side and I fell on the ground scraping my arms.

"What would you ever have to thank him for?"

"For making me immortal."

I looked up to her.

Immortal? She can't be immortal; she doesn't have pale skin or sharp teeth, Monique is human. How would she ever be immortal?

"You don't know? Well, allow me to explain." She bent down to me and showed me a little blue pill.

It looks the same as what the vampires take; only it's blue.

"This is your fathers." She said slowly like I was a pathetic creature. "He created this after he learned about the pills that help control the thirst of blood for vampires. He examined it, did a couple of tests and with all that he created this. It turns any human immortal. Do you know what that means?"

She waited for my reply but I wasn't going to say a word.

"That means you can still be human, but you can live forever." She whispered.

"A human, living forever?"

She smirked. "It's a good thing he made it before he died or I wouldn't be here right now."

"What do you mean?"

"I would have died with your dad in the car accident."

"How did he really die if he was immortal?"

"I was very careful on stabbing him just right, in the heart."

I flinched thinking about it.

She stood up and started circling around again. I glanced over at Gracie whose head was just oozing out with blood. She can't die like this, can she?

"Now what to do with you." Monique said.

I stood up and stared at Gracie hoping she'd magically get up.

"I could kill you now and make it look like an accident." She was smiling to herself about what a brilliant idea it was.

"What will happen to Jordan?" I asked ignoring her ideas of killing me.

"Oh, Jordan?" She laughed silently. "One of my best ideas yet."

"What did you do to him?" I hissed.

"I switched his pills to ones that looked similar to it but is no harm to him. Slowly he will get the urge to kill and become evil. It was the perfect idea."