I live with a vampire and his vampire servants [Book 2 Chpt 10]

Chapter 10 - Healing

Monique stood there waiting for me to say to come in but every part of me screamed not to let her in. Nile came over to me and opened the door the rest of the way.

"Hey Monique. What brings you here?" Nile said calm.

"I thought I'd drop by to say hi to my sister."

"Oh, she's at work with Nick right now."

"Is that so? Well why don't I come in to say hi to my little niece."

"Yeah of course."

Nile pulled me out of the way for Monique to come in. I didn't want her in this house. Not when Autumn and Nick aren't here. She could do anything to us and there would be no witnesses. She went into the living room and Jaylee got up and hugged her.

"Aunt Monique." She said excited.

"Hey Jaylee."

I glanced over at Nile and he looked as if he didn't even know what to do himself.

"I'll be right back." Nile whispered to me.

He went upstairs quietly so that Monique wouldn't hear but when she turns around she'll notice he's gone.

"How are you doing?" She asked Jaylee.

"Fine."

"Glad to hear that." Autumn turned around to me. "Where did Nile go?"

"Bathroom."

I knew she didn't believe me. I couldn't believe myself actually. I'm horrible at lying and this is the time where lying comes in handy.

"Ah, so what are you guys going to do today?"

I shrugged. "We haven't really decided."

"Today is a perfect day to spend outside."

I nodded. "Yes the weather is beautiful."

"You might want to watch out though. Have you heard about the people getting . . .?"

I nodded.

She trailed off because Jaylee was standing next to her. Monique probably didn't want to say the rest because Jaylee is so young and she doesn't really need those images in her head.

"Such a shame." She continued.

I heard a light thud from upstairs.

"Did you hear that?" Monique asked.

"Hear what?" I asked like I didn't hear it.

"I must be hearing things." The look in her eyes did not look pleasant. She was running out of patience. But what does she want? What's her goal?

Nile came back downstairs and stood next to me.

"There you are." She said.

Nile smiled. "Yeah."

"So . . . where is the other one?"

"Jordan?" Nile asked. "He just got in the shower."

"Is it alright if I wait? I'd like to say hi to him and then I'll be on my way."

This is not good. Jordan has all those scratches on him and his eyes are bloody red. She's going to suspect something.

"Yes, that would be fine."

She smiled and looked at Jaylee. When she did that I looked over at Nile. What the heck is he thinking?! Does he even know what will happen if she sees him like that?