Part 15 - Trouble

3 weeks later ...

Ellie's mind.

Darkness. Darkness all around me. I'm trapped in my own body with no chance of escape. It's been forever since I've seen the light.

But how did I get here? I can't really remember. Wait what's this? Light? I've to run towards the light. I can't let it escape and be trapped here any longer.

Ellie's point of view.

My eyes open heavily. Everything is blurry before my eyes. My ears feel numb on the inside. I struggle to keep my eyes open as a blurred figure appears.

Her voice is muffled. I lightly shake my head to try and snap out of it. My vision soon comes into focus so does my hearing.

"Sweetheart!" I feel a hand grab hold of mine.

I try to speak but all I manage to get out is a groan. My hand instinctively reaches for my throat as I swallow,my throat feeling very dry.

"Here you go," I finally am able to see the person clearly. It's my mother.

She hands me a glass of water which I instantly gulp down. My eye lids are still feeling heavy but I manage to take in a deep breath.

I inhale the pleasant smell of flowers and I manage to slightly smile. My mother is looking at me with teary eyes and a smile on her face.

"Hello mom," I whisper,squeezing her hand gently.

Two hours later ...

Rory's point of view.

It's a damn cold day today. I put on the thickest jacket I could find and wrapped a red scarf around my neck.

I'm on my way to the hospital once again. Lately I've been feeling better about Ellie's accident. It's been a few months since it all happened.

As time goes by one learns to live with the pain. After a ten minute drive I finally reach the hospital. Getting out of the car,I stuff my hands into my pockets.

I enter the hospital and walk through the noisy reception area and using the elevator,I make my way to the east wing of the hospital.

Taking a left turn into a long corridor I am greeted by some nurses. They smiled at me and being friendly I smile back.

After what felt like an eternity of walking,I reach her room. But as I approach,doctor Daniels,steps out of her room.

I wondered what was going on and rushed over. He greets me with a smile,holding the white iPad in his right hand.

"Is something wrong,Doc?" I asks concerned.

"No,nothing is wrong. Ellie is fine,she woke up about two hours ago," he explains.

For a moment my brain struggles to process what he had just said. A sudden feeling of relief washes over me and I stand there with my mouth wide open.