Part 12 - Consequences of love

Ellie's point of view.

Friday 11:00 am.

I was busy at the flower shop rearranging some red and white roses in a see through vase. The tiny bell, that hangs near the door,rings as a customer steps into the shop.

"Hi,I'm looking for Ellie," I hear a familiar voice ask the other shop assistant.

"She is over there."

"Thank you," I watch the person's shoes as they near me.

"Hello,Ellie," Rory pops his head around the corner with a smile.

"Hey,Rory," I smile back still rearranging the roses.

"I'm really sorry to bother you at work,but I've a favor to ask," he fiddles with his hands.

"Sure. Anything," I turn to him wiping my hands on the old apron I am wearing.

"I'm not going in for work today because I've to study for an exam. There is too much noise at my apartment, can I study at your apartment after my class?" He finally runs out of air.

I chuckle slightly,"sure. Let me give you the keys."

I head to the storage room in the back where we keep our personal things as well. Taking out the keys,I hand it to him and lightly pat his arm.

"Thank you so much,Ellie," he takes the keys.

"I'll be done around three," I explain tightening my ponytail.

"I'll see you then. Sorry I've to rush," he quickly runs off and out of the shop.

I smile and go back to my work.

Four hours later ...

I lock up the flower shop. I look both ways before crossing the street. You see I don't own a car because I live two blocks from the flower shop and four blocks from the hospital and grocery store.

On my way home,I pass a hotdog cart. Rory must be starving up there? I buy three hotdogs,one for me and two for him. Continuing up the street I finally reach the apartment building.

I was a bit lazy to climb the stairs so,I used the elevator to get to the second floor. Exiting the elevator,I bump into Mrs. Olivia,the owner of the building.

She is a middle aged woman somewhere around 45-48 years of age. Although she is strict,she is a very kind and caring person and she runs the place better than anybody.

"Good day,Mrs Olivia."

"Good day,Ellie."

I use the spare key I carry around to unlock my apartment door. Entering it my hazel eyes scan the place for Rory.

"Rory! I'm home," I announce.

"And I brought food," I close the door behind me.

Hmm,he must be asleep or in the bathroom? I enter the kitchen, placing the hotdogs on the counter along with my handbag.