Part 8 - Life goes on

Ellie's point of view.

Present day - 5th of May

It had been two years since I last saw Emil. I guess he did not want to come back then. Anyway I carried on with my life.

During the day I worked at the flower shop,so by day I was a florist. And by night I was training to be a nurse at the local hospital. I had to work hard to gather enough money for the course but it was worth it.

One other thing I did was,I moved into an apartment not far from both places I worked. I was independent and enjoying my freedom.

Rory was still my closest and only friend,but he also changed a lot over the past two years. He stopped wearing glasses,for the most part. Only wearing them to concentrate. And he started to gym and joined a swim club.

I learned a lot about Rory over the past two years

I learned a lot about Rory over the past two years. Like he comes from a very rich and intellectual family,but his parents never had time for him.

I suppose that's why we connected. He understands,in a different way,how it feels when you don't receive love from your parents.

Rory was in the running to take over his father's family businesses. Yes,they posses a variety of businesses around the city and the world. He works part time at his father's business.

It is situated near the hospital,so he would come visit me often even if I worked the night shift. Juggling two jobs was becoming difficult and tiring,but I have to do it.

11th of May

Rory's point of view.

Today is Ellie's birthday and I decided earlier that I would surprise her. I bought her favorite flowers,roses,of course.

She loves the blue one's but they are very scares, so I bought pink one's instead. She is working night shift tonight and that's where I will surprise her.

So,I drove over to the hospital around 20:00 pm. As I walked through the hallways,the smell of medicine filled the air.

Shortly after,I bumped into Lauren,one of Ellie's coworkers,whom I asked where Ellie might be. She giggled and pointed me in the direction. The other girls also giggled every time I passed.

I wonder why? Anyway after taking a few right and left turns,I found her. She was busy comforting a child patient of hers.

Ellie loves being a nurse. She loves children more than anything. Sometimes,I think that's why she became a nurse. To help the abused children who are emitted to the hospital.

I waited for her just outside the door. She smiled at me before coming over,closing the door behind her.

"Happy Birthday Ellie," I handed her the flowers.