Chapter 26- Natsu's POV- The Doors of Destiny

Even though Gajeel did free Lucy, I still don’t know if I could trust him. It was something in his eyes that made my blood boil. Once Lucy’s chains were broken, I offered her a hand to help her stand. She accepted it. She began to take a step when she tripped but luckily I was there to catch her, like I always am. We looked at each other and blushed. Whenever I am around Lucy, I feel something warm develop inside my chest. Was this what Igneel use to call love? I shook my head. It couldn’t be, we hardly knew each other. I bent down and was about to pick up Lucy bridal style, but that made her freak out for some strange reason.

“N..Natsu! What are you doing?” She stammered.

“You can hardly stand let alone walk. I know what you have to do but let me at least carry you.”

“Natsu I am fine. If I am going to face my father, I must stand on my own. Wendy can you help the others, including Gajeel.” Lucy said while looking back at the others.

“Oi princess, I ain’t getting no charity from no one, ya hear?” Gajeel bellowed.

“I didn’t say it was charity. In return, you will tell me where my father is.” Lucy stated in a very determined voice.

She had changed since the first time we met. She was no longer this frail girl who needed protecting. She was strong.

“Hmm interesting offer, but I want something more in return for such a dangerous service sweetheart.” He smirked while he licked his lips.

That jerk. I could not believe Lucy’s father hired him to protect her. I was about to knock his lights out again when Levy spoke up.

“Look we don’t have time for this! I will do whatever you want, just help Lucy!”

“Oh and why should I let a shrimp like you help me, the guy who almost killed you?”

“Because I feel that deep down you are a good person but you guard your heart with this tough-guy routine.”

They stared at each other for a few minutes until Gajeel gave in.

“Fine, shrimp. I will tell your friend where her father is and in return you will help me find my guild mates. Do we got a deal?”

“Fine, deal!” Levy stated as they shook hands.

I don’t know what they see in each other but it looked like they were going to work together just fine.

As they let go of each other’s hands, a voice from the shadows near the door rang out.

“There is no need to search for Juvia for Juvia and Gray-sama have found you!” the voice said as a woman and a man came out of the shadows.

It was Gray and some woman with dark blue curly hair. She had her arms wrapped around Gray’s left arm, which seemed to have annoyed him quite a bit. Perfect.

I walked over to Gray and whispered. “Psst Gray, I know this was supposed to be a mission but when did you have time to find a girlfriend?”

“Oi look here flame head, I helped Juvia remember who she is by beating her and now she will not let go of my arm!” He yelled a little pissed off.

“Sure, whatever you say Popsicle brain.” I said mocking him back. I knew he liked her.

“He liiikes her!” came a voice from behind Gray and Juvia.

It belonged to my little blue exceed companion.  I noticed that he no longer had the sword.

“Happy! Good to see you buddy but did you find Erza and give her the sword for Lucy?” I asked.