Chapter 18- Wendy's POV- A Helping Hand

As Erza-san and the others ran off to save Lucy, I was with the rest of the guild acting as a support system. I may be small but I am still a dragon slayer so I fought alongside my nakama. After about ten minutes of intense fighting, we heard a horrific scream that sounded like it was coming from Lucy. I asked the master if I could go help the others because it sounded like Lucy-san was in pain. He gave me his approval on one condition, someone had to come with me. I looked around to see if anyone would come with me when I saw Levy-san.

“Master I want to go help Lu-chan. She is my best friend and she does need help. I may not be the strongest but I want to do something.” Levy-san exclaimed.

The Master agreed so Levy, Carla and I ran down the hall to Lucy’s aid.

 About halfway down the hall, we ran into Happy who explained what happened.

“Natsu and I split up from Erza and Gray so that we could find Lucy. When Natsu heard Lucy scream, he engulfed in fire and raced to her aid and asked me to find you Wendy. He really liiikes Lucy.” Happy snickered.

I looked at Levy and Carla. We all knew that there was something going on between Natsu and Lucy-san but it was a shock to hear that he liked her. But now was not the time to worry about that.

“Levy-san we have to hurry!” I told Levy who nodded as Happy and Carla picked us up and flew us to the room where Natsu and Lucy were.

The doors were already broken, probably by Natsu, so we walked into a middle of a fight between Natsu and a man with long black hair. It was Levy-san who noticed Lucy by the wall where Natsu was. We rushed over to her and Levy-san created a protective barrier around us.

 I have never seen anyone badly injured as Lucy-san. Lucy was pale from all the blood she had lost from her injuries. She had bruises covering most of her body but it was the cuts on her wrists and her sides which I was most concerned about. There were also cuts with what looked like burn marks around the edges on her arms and legs. We were thinking that it was from fire, but we looked closer and noticed that it was made by lightening. I did not waste another minute as I noticed Lucy-san’s breathing was becoming shallow, so I started to summon my healing magic. I had never dealt with someone so badly injured and I did not think that I could do it, but Fairy Tail had made me strong. I would do anything to protect my nakama, whether it was by fighting or healing.

As I placed my hands near Lucy’s injuries and was about to heal them, a golden barrier formed around Lucy-san which prevented me from healing her. It shocked me as it grew, sending Levy-san and me flying backwards. Someone, who had more powerful magic than either Levy or I was preventing us from getting anywhere close to Lucy. Who was doing this and why? I was worried. If we did not do something quickly, Lucy-san might die from her injuries.