Chapter 24- Natsu's POV: The Revenge of Flames and Stars

I marched towards where Gajeel was standing. I was about to show him the true meaning of a Fairy Tail wizard.

“Oh so the little fire dragonslayer is ready for another round eh?” Gajeel sneered.

“Bring it on metal face. I’ve got some new tricks up my sleeve.” I retorted. “Celestial Fire Dragon Mode!” I screamed as blue and gold flames encased my body.

“Oi so you want to go to our ultimate forms eh? Fine. Lightening Iron Dragon mode!” He hollered as lightening circled his body.

This was going to be the ultimate test: dragonslayer versus dragonslayer, each in his own ultimate mode and I was not going to lose.

I charged first. “Celestial Fire Dragon Roar!” I yelled as a plum of gold and blue flames escaped from my mouth.

“Lightening-Iron Dragon Roar!” yelled Gajeel as a torrent of lightening mixed with iron shards escaped his mouth.

The two attacks met in the middle but unlike before, mine overpowered his and sent him sailing back towards a wall. I had thought I had won our little wager but he stopped before he hit the wall. As the smoke cleared, I noticed that he was no longer there. Where could he have gone to? I turned around and noticed a bolt of lightning near Lucy and Wendy. It transformed into Gajeel. How on earth did he do that?

“Stay away from Lucy!” Wendy screamed. “Roar of the Sky Dragon!” she hollered as a twister of wind escaped her small mouth.

“Oi so there is another dragonslayer in Fairy Tail eh? Well wind will not work against iron!” He cackled as he deflected the wind which hit me instead.

“Natsu!” yelled Wendy and Lucy in unison as I went sailing into an iron wall.

 “You shouldn’t fight battles that involve adults, you little brat!” Gajeel howled as he sent an iron pole into Wendy’s chest.

“Wendy!” Lucy screamed at the top of her lungs in agony.

I was too slow and could not reach them in time. Gajeel then walked over to Lucy and picked her up by her throat.

“Get your hands off her!” I growled.

Gajeel ignored me. “So you’re the one who gave that hot shot fire dragonslayer his little power boost, eh? Well I want you to give me his powers or I will crush your tiny throat like a piece of paper.” He growled.

Lucy did the unthinkable and spat at him.

“Never!” she whispered with her eyes staring straight into his.

I had enough. I would not stand aside as see my friends get hurt anymore because I was too weak to stand.

I ran as though I was flying when he whispered in her ear, “Well you can’t say that I didn’t warn you!” He began to squeeze her throat tighter which made me run faster.

I reached him and screamed “Celestial Fire Dragon Talons!” as I kicked him in the side, which made him release Lucy.

Lucy fell to the ground and was coughing but she was okay which I was thankful for.

 Gajeel emerged from the rubble where I sent him laughing. “Gehihi, you’ve got a pretty good kick for a pink hair brat, but that won’t help you now!”

Lightening began to form around his fists. Before I could react, a whip made of gold and blue stardust zoomed past my head, reached Gajeel, and wrapped around his fists. I turned around to see who was holding onto the whip: it was Lucy.

“Why you little brat!” Gajeel said struggling to break free.

Lightening raced down the whip and entered Lucy’s body, making her scream like she had done before. I was confused and extremely pissed. Why would she do such a thing even when she was so injured?

“N..Natsu…I can’t hold him much longer! Do it NOW!” She screamed even through the pain.

When I first met her, she couldn’t stand fire or whips but now she was using a whip to help everyone. If she could be brave enough to use something that frightened her, then I could beat Gajeel.

I ran, jumped into the air and ignited my fists.

“Celestial Fire Dragon’s cleansing fists!” I shouted as I hit Gajeel in the face.

“This is for Fairy Tail!” I shouted as I sent a flaming fist into his left cheek as images of the guild hall destroyed flashed into my mind.

“This is for Laxus!” Another punch flew into his jaw as an image of Laxus flashed into my head.

“This is for Levy!” I bellowed as I sent a punch into his right cheek while images of the bluenette bookworm came into my mind.

“This is for Wendy!” I hollered as I looked at Wendy who was coming out of the rubble as I sent a flaming fist into his stomach.

“And this…this is for Lucy, who you will NEVER touch again as long as I am here to protect her!” I screamed as I looked at her as my fist covered in blue and gold flames landed on his chin.

Lucy let go of her whip, which retracted from his hands and the whip landed on the ground in front of Lucy who fell forward from the force. The punch sent him flying into a wall made of thick iron. I was breathing heavily but I let out a loud roar, one which my father Igneel would be proud of. I had finally won. No one messes with Fairy Tail or Lucy without answering directly to me. I would protect both for the rest of my life, till my dying breath.