Chapter 20- Natsu's POV- The Wager

I began the battle with my signature move. “Fire Dragon’s Iron Fist!” I yelled as I ignited my fist and charged Gajeel. Suddenly my fist hit something hard. It was iron scales that covered his entire body.

“Oh nice try but you’ll have to try harder if you think about doing battle with me.” He stated back as he began to suck in a huge amount of air.

I could not believe it, he knew that attack too. “Iron dragon’s roar!” He yelled as I countered. “Fire Dragon’s roar!” I screamed as our roars met in the middle but did not budge. We were at a stalemate. I was the one who broke out of the attack first and jumped backwards.

 I decided to use another strong attack. “Fire Dragon’s Crushing Fang” which I thought might throw Gajeel off. This did not fool him as he decided to take a more hands-on approach. “Iron Dragon Club” He shouted as one of his hands turned into an iron club, dodged my attack, and hit me squarely in the chest, with such force that I fell to the ground, creating a crater. He continued to pummel me for a good five minutes until I had enough. I grabbed his hand and using my awesome dragon strength, I began to crush his hand.

He withdrew his hand saying smugly. “Ouch so the little fire dragon has a bite. Well two can play that game. Lightening-Iron dragon mode!” Suddenly his body began to spark like a thunderstorm.

This was the mode he was in when he was beating Lucy when I appeared. It made my blood boil.

 There was only one dragonslayer who I knew who control lightening, Laxus. It was not possible, Laxus was undefeated in the guild. How could he have his powers, unless?

“So you beat Laxus huh? Interesting, so if I beat you, it would be like I beat Laxus. Now I’m all fired up!” I bellowed.

“I’d like to see you try so let’s make this interesting with a wager. If you can land a single blow to me in the next ten minutes, I will let you are the little princess go. However if you can’t, I will drain her of all her remaining magic and continue to torture her as you watch while being chained to a wall, not being able to do a thing. It would be all your fault if say she dies. Do we have a deal and realize if you do not accept the deal, she will die anyway from her injuries. Gihihi!” He cackled.

This jerk! How dare he get Lucy involved yet again! I needed to do something or Lucy would die. I couldn’t refuse but I was losing power fast. What should I do? If Happy would have heard the inside of my head right then, he would think I was crazy for actually thinking. I pondered what to do since it was Lucy’s life at risk.

“Hey pinky, I haven’t got all day! Make your choice.”

I was about to speak up when I saw Levy, Wendy, Happy and Carla enter the room.

“I accept your deal!”

Now that Lucy was in good hands, I could fight on. I will fight for Lucy and on my honor as a Fairy Tail wizard, I will win.