Chapter 5-Natsu's POV- A Sudden Realization

• Dedicated to Lucy Heartfilia

            Did I just hear that idiot guard say that Lucy is a princess? WHAT!!! If Lucy’s a princess then… “We have a King of Fiore?” I shouted. Lucy and the guards looked at me as if I was nuts.

“Release him at once! He had to destroy the town in order to rescue me from the ruffians who intended to sell me into slavery!” Lucy bellowed.

I had never seen her raise her voice to anyone and it was all to help me. Me a guy she had only known for only a month.

“ I’m sorry princess but you will have to bring up the issue with your father. He is the one who issued the command.”One of the guards stated as they began to drag me into the cart to take me to the Magic Council prison.

“Believe me, I will.” Were the last words that I heard from Lucy as they closed the cart doors and began to drive away, which made me extremely motion sick and I passed out.

            When I woke up, I was not in your typical prison cell as it was a floating prism hovering in the air. This was annoying for me so I decided to try and break free but it was preventing me from using any of my magic. I tried many times, but each time it drained more and more of my magic. I began to think, a dangerous thing for me to do, about Lucy and her coming to Fairy Tail. If she was the princess then who was hurting her? Why didn’t she want to talk about her past? Why, if she was a princess, had she not been able to go out and see her kingdom? And why had I never heard about her before?

            I pondered these questions for a while until it all began to click. If she had lived in the palace her entire life, it meant that someone in the palace was hurting her. If it was anyone below the king, they would have been removed from their position so that meant that the one who was hurting Lucy was HER FATHER, the King of Fiore. My blood began to boil to think that someone like a father would do that to his own daughter, especially Lucy, one of the kindest people I have ever met in my life. That must mean he used a fire whip on her before she ran away from home and that was why she was afraid of my fire. I then realized that Lucy said she was going to speak to him about my release. If she went home to him now, I couldn’t even imagine what type of abuse she would suffer. All I knew was that I needed to escape and prevent Lucy from going home, before it was too late.