Chapter 3-Natsu's POV- After the first mission

There is something about Lucy that I can’t put my finger on. I feel like I need to protect her and I am going to go on an amazing adventure with her. She is so warm and loving and I feel like I could trust her more than anyone else including Lisanna. Igneel told me that there would be a person who comes into my life who once I meet them, my life will be changed forever. I think if he can meet Lucy one day, he would realize it is her. I may not know her past but I want to be a part of her future.

 A few hours after I beat that perverted ape, we reached Magnolia with Lucy still asleep on my back. I decided to take her to her apartment so she could sleep in her bed. I remembered the spare key to Lucy’s apartment that Mira gave me for emergencies. I unlocked the door, slide Lucy off my back, placed her in her bed and tucked her in. She sure is a heavy sleeper. When I made sure Lucy was sound asleep, I snuck out through her window and walked home where Happy was waiting for me.

The next morning, I woke up and thought that I should check to make sure Lucy was okay. I walked to her apartment, had Happy fly me to her window, and walked in. I noticed that Lucy was not in her bed so I decided to look around her apartment when I suddenly felt something hard hit my check which sent me flying into the wall.

“Pervert!” yelled Lucy.

“Lucy its me Natsu!” I yelled through the pain that was radiating from me cheek.

"Natsu! Why didn’t you knock on the DOOR?”

“I don’t know. I guess since I used the window to leave your place last night so I didn’t disturb you sleeping last night…”

“WHAT! Why were you in my apartment while I was sleeping?”

“Oh wait Luce, your getting the wrong idea! I brought you home after the mission since you could hardly walk.” I exclaimed.

 “Oh. I’m sorry I jumped to conclusions. I guess I wasn’t much help during the mission. I’m sorry if I caused you much trouble yesterday.” Lucy said while looking crest fallen as she sat on her bed.

“Hey its okay, everyone makes mistakes. I mean it was your first mission so don’t worry. Besides Fairy Tail gets in trouble all the time and I’m use to trouble.” I said as I showed her my best grin.

“Its just that I have never been on an adventure, or really outside my home before so I didn’t know what to do.” Lucy muttered sadly.

“Luce, if you want to talk about it, its okay I’m here for you.” I calmly explained sympathetically.

“It doesn’t matter anymore. I don’t want to talk about my past. I left that part of my life behind and I don’t plan on going back!” Lucy said as he suddenly stood up.

“Hey do you want to go with me to the guild? I don’t have much food right now so I was thinking of heading over to Fairy Tail to get a bite to eat.” Lucy exclaimed as she held out her hand.

She mentioned the magic word, food. I couldn’t argue with her as my stomach began to growl.  I took her hand and we raced outside of her apartment, after she locked the door, to the guild hall.