Chapter 21- Erza's POV- The Strength to Stand

As I charged towards Jellal, I requipped into my Morning Star Armor. It was made of orange and yellow leather-like material that covered my shoulders and waist with white wing-shaped figures on my shoulders. Underneath, I was wearing a white one piece with a matching pair of metal arm guards and large bolded knee guards over a pair of high-heeled armored greaves. Around my neck, I had a sliver choker with a pink gem which matched the belt around my waist. My hair was no longer down but it was in twin buns on either side of my head. I did not wear this requip much but it was one of my favorites since I could wield twin blades. I got closer to Jellal while bringing my twin blades together and shouted “Photon Slicer!” This sent a large yellow and orange energy blast sailing towards Jellal.

  I thought it would hit him for sure but I forgot one important thing about Jellal, the type of magic he uses. His is a special kind of magic called “Heavenly Body Magic” and one of his strongest attacks was feared just to mention it by name, “Sema”. He did not respond with that attack, but instead he used “Meteor”, surrounding his body in light and charged me. He was going too fast and before I knew it, he was behind me. I was too slow to react as he hit me with his “Heavenly arrows”, tearing my Morning Star Armor to shreds. Now I was mad.

 I quickly requipped into my Armadura Fairy armor. It had a simple pink breastplate joined to the collar, which sports a heart centered between two wing-shaped decorations. There were winged decorations all the way through the outfit on the pauldrons. The waist guard is made up of plates attached to the breastplate, surrounded by a thin belt around my waist, and has a short, pinkish white skirt underneath. To complete the outfit, I had a matching pink tiara with a white cape. My hair was in twin braids and in my hand was a simple sword. Jellal had return to the position where he had started the battle. I charged yet again, but this time, I would not be fooled. "Fairy Piercing Sword!” I yelled as green lightening shot out of the sword, sending another energy blast towards Jellal.

“Oh Erza, when will you ever learn.” Jellal stated coolly as he jumped into the air.

He placed his hands on top of one another as seven magic circles formed around him. It was in the sign of the Big Dipper. “ Grand Chariot!” He yelled as the magic circles descended upon me from above. I had never experienced anything like the pain that I felt then. All the pain that was inflicited upon us as children in that tower. It was as if every bone in my body would break. The attack sent me flying and I landed twenty feet from where I started.

“I know every attack you use. Remember we use to train with each other in the tower. You cannot hope to win against me. Give up now and I will let you live.”

He was right. My mind was flooded with memories of Jellal and I training in secret in that tower so that we could become strong enough to escape. He would always win, but I know that I had gotten stronger since then. When the tower was destroyed, I was about to win when the floor collapsed and sent him into the sea, where I thought he died. Fairy Tail had made me strong. Fairy Tail gave me a second chance when I didn’t think I could move on. I began to get up.

“Jellal, no matter what filth comes out of your mouth, I will stand. I will never give up. You might as well kill me, or at least try. I will defeat you on my honor as your friend and a member of Fairy Tail! I will destroy the darkness in your heart, even if I die in the process.” I said confidently.

I did not know how I was going to accomplish this, but even if I was battered and bruised, I would stand tall and face my enemy head on as a proud member of Fairy Tail. I would never give in to the darkness. I would win for my family.