Chapter 25- Lucy's POV-Royal Secrets

I watched gasping for air as Natsu landed the final blow to Gajeel. I had not realized how powerful Natsu had become until now. The blow had sent Gajeel sailing into a thick iron wall, but Natsu was still standing. He was breathing heavily and then he roared like a dragon. It was a roar of victory. I began to relax a little when I saw Natsu coming towards me and so I began to lift myself up with my elbows.

“Lucy are you alright? Where did you get that whip?” He asked in a panic as blood trickled down his face.

“I’m fine. I got the whip from my grandfather. You are the one who needs help. Wendy? Levy? Are they alright?” I responded as I looked around and did not see them.  

I was getting worried until I heard a voice from where Wendy was.

“I’m alright Lucy-sama.” Wendy stated as Carla and she emerged from the rubble; Wendy was clutching her stomach where Gajeel hit her.

“I am fine too Lu-chan.” Came a voice that sounded like Levy’s from the other side of the room.

She crawled out of the wall that Gajeel implanted her into as she blue hair covered her face.

“How are you, Lu-chan? It seemed like Gajeel did a real number on you.”

“Never better. I’ve been through worse.” I giggled.

I did not want them to worry about me. Seeing my friends injured like that on my behalf infuriated me. I could deal with the pain, but I could not handle seeing others hurting.

“I don’t believe you.” Natsu flat out stated.

He had seen through my rouse. I ignored him as I began to sit up.

“Wendy, do you think you can help Natsu please.” I said weakly as my strength began to fail again and I was falling to the ground.

Luckily two large, muscular arms caught me before I hit the ground again. I looked up and saw Natsu’s worried eyes looking back at me.

“I am not getting healed until you do. You can hardly keep your eyes open!” He yelled at me obviously concerned for my wellbeing.

I would have gladly accepted the help but then I thought about what my grandfather said.

“Natsu, I told you. I can’t just yet. You need help, I need to go and see my father.” I said staring directly into his deep onyx black eyes that I loved.

I hope I would see them one last time.  I may not have my keys with me but I would save my father and the kingdom. I was not about to back down no matter how battered and bruised I was.

“You’re Father! The same man who treated you like trash for all these years? Lucy, if he even sees you, he will probably kill you! I am not going to stand here and let that happen!” Natsu bellowed.

I looked down at the ground, I did not want him to see the fear in my eyes.

“It’s not about me Natsu, it never has been. This kingdom is in trouble and my father is the only one who can save it. I believe that in his heart, he is a good man but something dark happened. My grandfather told me something before I left the Celestial Spirit World. He said that the same curse that was affecting the members of Phantom Lord was affecting my father. I am the only one who can save him and I will.”

I returned to staring Natsu eye to eye.

“I may not have my keys with me but I have something even more powerful than magic. I have love and forgiveness in my heart. I will try anything to break this curse, even if it means I die in the process. Natsu, even if you don’t understand what I am about to do, I will still do it.”

We looked at each other in silence for a few minutes. The tension in the air was thick and it felt as if we were the only ones in the room. I felt in my heart that we both knew that this might be the last time we would see each other. Natsu was about to say something when suddenly the pile of iron and steel began to move where Gajeel landed. Natsu gently placed me back on the ground as he moved in front of me while Gajeel emerged clearly injured.

“Oi where am I and who the heck are you people?” Gajeel said in a rough voice as he scratched the back of his head.

Natsu began to walk towards the iron-faced enemy.

“Oh old iron face is awake from his little nap. Are you ready for another round?” Natsu taunted.

“Don’t tell me that you’re the punk that hit me that hard.”

“And what if I am metal for brains?”

“Natsu enough! I’m sure that Gajeel doesn’t remember what he did because of the curse, the same one the king is under.” Levy explained as she walked between the two.

“Like I said, who are you guys?” Gajeel hollered as he kept his eyes glued onto Levy.

“We are the magic guild known as Fairy Tail and we came to save our friend Lucy.” Natsu replied.

“Lucy, as in Princess Lucy?” Gajeel questioned as he smirked and looked at me.

My skin began to crawl as his red eyes focused on me yet again but I did not see malice as I once had before but there was now confusion. I think Gajeel might be a good guy but he was tricked by whoever created this curse. I think this curse makes people forget what they do while they are under it. Gajeel started to take a step closer to me.

“Stay away from Lucy or I will hurt you like you hurt Lucy.” Natsu growled as he lit one of his fists.

“What do you mean I hurt Lucy? I was sworn to protect her when she was little! Her father hired me to protect her from those who wanted to break the prophecy!” Gajeel growled in reply.

“Wait what prophecy? “ I asked confused.

“Your grandfather did not tell you Lucy-san?” Wendy asked as confused as I was.

“Tell me what?”

It was then that Levy told me of the prophecy and how if I was not careful I could end both worlds. Talk about pressure. I just wanted a normal life, was that too much to ask?

After a few minutes of thinking, I replied in a hoarse voice, “What? Why would my father want to protect me if he abused me for ten years?” I asked completely confused by this new development.

My father, the man who I hated for so long loved me enough to have a magic guild to protect me. Why would he abuse me if he loved me? The only answer I could come up with was the curse.

“I don’t understand what’s going on, but you hurt Lucy. In my eyes, you are a bad guy. However, I will trust you if you release her now!” Natsu said as he took a step closer to Gajeel.

They stared at each other for a few seconds until Gajeel moved aside and walked towards me. He bent down, waved his hands over the chains while Natsu kept an eye on him, and the chains around my ankles disappeared. I was free from my bonds but I was not free from my obligations. I still had work to do.