Nice to meet you

You stumble up a few stairs, it's all a blur. You don't know where or what time it is, all you know is it hurts. You're able to push the doorbell before you crumble onto the floor. You feel the rain hitting your back. Then it all goes black.

Oswald perks up at the sound of the doorbell.

"Who is at my door at this time of night?" he questions.

He opens the door to see a woman lying on his doorstep. He peeks outside to see how she could of gotten here.

"What happened to you?" he whispers to himself.

He picks you up bridal style and brings you inside. He lays you on the couch near the fire, and lays a blanket on you.

~~~~~~

You wake to the light crackling on the fire.

"Where am I?" you ask frightened by the new environment. Then, you hear irregular footsteps getting closer.

"Who's there!?" you asked once more, significantly more frightened than before. You were unsure and very nervous, you were unable to see who the footsteps belonged to.

"Well, you're finally awake" the unfamiliar voice stated.

"Who are you?" anxiety present in your voice.

"Well, Im Oswald Cobblepot" he said nonchalantly.

"Where am I? How did I get here?" you questioned.

"I found you on my doorstep late last night, you were injured so I brought you in to my mansion" he responded concern laced in his voice.

"Thank very much Mr. Cobblepot, but I can't stay here long, he can't find me here" you whispered the last part, but he heard.

"Who can't find you here? No one was outside when I found you I made sure"

"My boyfriend, h-he,"

"He hurt you didn't he" he finishes the sentence solemnly. You nod in response everything comes flooding back to you, the betrayal, the pain, the screaming. You start to cry at the memories. Oswald freezes, he isn't sure if he should comfort you, or how to do it. So he puts a hand on your shoulder. You look at him your pale (y/c) eyes stare into his icey blues ones. And you cling onto him for dear life.

"What's your name?"

"(Y/n)"

"Very beautiful name" he says blushing.

"I wish I could see what you look like, I-im blind, b-but only temporarily I just had surgery for my eyes a few days ago" you have the sudden urge to touch his face, just to imagine what he looks like. You think about asking him, but as you open your mouth he says "would you like to stay here?" he pauses "so your boyfriend can't hurt you anymore"

You're unsure at first but he seems like a good guy.

"Yes, thank you so much for your hospitality, Mr Cobblepot"

"Oswald, call me Oswald"

"Thank you, Oswald"