The Break In

Chapter One

"Come on you pussy," James sighed in frustration, "Do it like this." He picked up a stone and brushed the dust of before skillfully throwing it into the river, it skipped a few impressive times along the surface of the water before coming to an end he turned to me a huge smirk on his face, "And that's how its done," he grinned with his green eyes glaring at me.

I scoffed, "Whatever, I'm hungry lets go get some food." 

Fifteen minutes later we arrived at in kfc, ordered and we are now filling our hungry stomachs with the best chicken in the world fuck it was good.

"You still sleeping over dickhead?" I mumbled through mouth falls of finger licking chicken, James nodded grinning, "Yeah I can't wait to beat your ass at multi... again."

I frowned and lobbed a chip at him he laughed grinning even harder. "What's going on with you and Amy?"

I rolled my eyes, "Nothing worth talking about she was a bitch on the phone last night saying how I need to treat her better or some shit like that."

James's expression turned serious he took a sip of his coke before speaking, "Vaughn she's right you do."

I shook my head, "She treats me like shit why should I treat her any better cause she's a girl? Nah thats bullshit." I'm angry now Amy made my blood boil even the mere mention of her wound me up to the point where I wanted to beat the shit out of anyone in sight and right now that was James I clenched my fists and looked at him, "Lets get out of here before I pound you."

A while later we arrived at my house, we went straight to my room and we haven't moved since.

"Ha, fifeen more kills than you told you I'd beat your sorry ass," James looked so proud I wanted to connect my fist with his face, "You're only good cause you spend so much time playing, I hardly play cause I actually have a life."

He scoffed, "What life?" I wrapped my arm around his neck and pulled him to my chest. "Fuck, that hurts stop it!" he yelled while I went on giving him a classic noogie.

"Say I'm better than you!"

"Never!"

"Say it" he pushed at me with both arms but I was too strong for this scrawny ass.

"Fuck Vaughn get off!"

"Sweetie me and your dad are leaving now."

I let go of James immediately and straightened myself then smiled at mum who was standing by my door looking shiny. "Okay mum."

She smiled back, "We"ll be late so don't wait up there's lasagne in the fridge."

I nodded trying to show my appreciation as soon as she was gone I felt a punch on my arm.

"What'd you do that for?" James looked furious his, "Trying to be angry." His expression made me laugh, "Cool it dickhead I was just messing."

He smiled a cheeky smile, "Give me some lasagne and we'll call it even." 

"What you doing for your birthday next week?" I asked James who looked almost horny eating mum's lasagne we sat at the small kitchen table experiencing heaven on a plate.

James looked up from his, "Don't know I'll think of something."

I nodded, "I know what you should do" I opened my mouth to speak then snapped it shut again when the sound of the back door creaked open. We both shot to our feet.  "What the fuck...there isn't any wind to make that door creak open," said James in a panicky voice.  I put my finger to my lips slowly and picked up a knife then gesturing for James to follow I calmly made my way to the back of the kitchen into the conservatory while my adrenaline was going into overdrive.

"What if its a murderer?"

I shot James a look that told him to shut it then I took a deep breath twisted the knife in my hand and peaked in over at the back door...

"Help us!"