Chapter 14

"What kind of danger might that be Elrond?" It was another high elf speaking now, I wondered how he could be so blunt.

I don't know how this conversation would go, I didn't like it, I could see Elrond and some of the other high elves on edge already.

I put my hand on Legolas's thigh, he looked down at me and gently grabbed my hand holding it in his, he mouthed are you ok and I smiled sadly nodding.

This whole morning had been a bit downcasting.
I hope I would be able to go to the woodland realm with Legolas.

He leant over "why didn't you come and visit me?" He whispered
His face was sad, Oh Legolas you silly Ellon.

"I haven't come to see you because I haven't been allowed to. I begged but you know why I can't." I smirked at him.

He looked confused for a second then he smirked back. "You were listening weren't you?!"

I smiled widely "Mayybee?!"
He laughed silently then looked sad. "Why didn't you tell me?" I cringed inside.
"Because I was worried telling you would hurt you more than not telling you."
He squeezed my hand.

"Not knowing killed me more than that ever could."

"What do you mean?"

"Oh (your name) I've been waking up in the middle of the night worrying you, having nightmares about you dying."

I was shocked I really was, he worried that much about me?! I wanted to hug him, to comfort him, but we were in a council still.
So I had to content myself with grabbing his other hand that he was looking at and squeezing them both.

He now looked deep I to my eyes and kissed me on the cheek.

I blushed, it was a good thing everyone was a too busy arguing to notice us.

"So what do you think (your name)?"

That snapped me back to reality.
I blushed again as everyone was looking at me.
"What do I think of what sorry?"

Elrond smirked
"What do you think think we should do?"

I sighed a sigh of relief.
It was a good thing they were not talking about what they had just been arguing about as I want listing to that.
It was also good that I had been rehearsing this speech.
I stood up so everyone could hear me.

"I personally think that we should let the dwarves proceed with their quest, for one they are stubborn and for another I have heard they are almost unstoppable, the Mirkwood elves tried to take them in but they got out, nothing in our power to stop the proceedings, as Elrond has said, there are darker things to stop and I have a feeling us interfering with them will cause the future to change for the worse, in fact I think we need to help them, or our world will fall."
I finished sitting down.

"You've been practicing that," a whisper came in my ear.
It was Legolas.
"hOw Did yOu gUEss?" I said sarcastically. We laughed silently.

"You make a good point (your name) and I believe that king Thanduil is already on his way."
Legolas nodded.

"We shall leave the dwarves to themselves, thank you all for your time."

And with that the council was over.