Chapter Fourteen

*** REWRITTEN ***

Life with the Blake Brothers

Chapter Fourteen

Lexi’s POV

I laid on my bed, my hands folded neatly on my stomach and the bags of clothes littered the floor, untouched. My eyes stayed glued to the ceiling as the family was downstairs getting dinner ready. Tomorrow was the last day of spring break and the boys wanted to make the most of it. They were all going down to the beach at the crack of dawn and not coming back until it was dark. They had asked me if I wanted to join them but I kindly denied. I didn’t want to leave; I wanted to stay in the safeness of my room.

The smell of hamburgers and hotdogs wafted up to my room but my stomach only felt queasy. As the smell got stronger I felt like I was – I ran to the bathroom, hovering the toilet and emptying my water-infested stomach into the bowl. I closed my eyes and rested my forehead on my forearm when I felt someone holding back my hair. I didn’t bother looking up to see who it was instead I emptied my stomach again and again until I had nothing left to leave my body.

“Come on Alex, back to bed.” Mason said, placing a hand on my lower back and helping me up and out of my bathroom. He tucked me into bed and laid down next to me, kissing my forehead before bringing me into his side. “Are you okay?” he asked.

I managed a nod, but I wasn’t. I wouldn’t be until a certain someone left for good. “I’m fine.” His arm snaked behind my head as we laid on my bed, it was times like this that I had missed when I moved away. The moments where Mason and I didn’t have to talk to be comfortable, we could be quiet and just enjoy the presence of each other. That’s why we were best friends.

“You would tell me if Tristan did anything to you right Lexi?” he asked. His eyes locked with mine.

“Of course I would.” I said, “You would be the first person to know, that is after I kicked his ass.” I chuckled.

“Then he would have to deal with us.” He smirked. “He already almost got the wrath of Kyle.” He paused for a second before turning my head so I looked directly at him and asked, “What happened?”

I sighed and gave him a small smile. “He called me a bitch, said I was being childish and that Paige told him everything that has happened with us.”

“A bitch, he called you a bitch?” I could feel his hand clenched into a fist behind my head and his body tensed. It was silent for a moment until I couldn’t take it.

“Why didn’t he come after me?” I asked, I hated people seeing this side of me, the side that is so vulnerable, but this was Mason. He’s the only one who actually understands me and can read me like a book. I had just wanted Tristan to follow me, but I should have known that it would have been Mason. And it's not like Tristan knew me well enough to know where I was going. Mason on the other hand did.

“He doesn’t deserve someone like you Lexi, and you need someone better than him. He’s a douche and I wish you could see that. I’m only looking out for you and the rest of the boys are too.” The whole time he kept eye contact with me, showing me that he was in fact not lying. "I told Tristan to go after you, but he said you would want to be alone." He gave a dry laugh. "And he thought he knew you. He didn't know anything."

“Thanks.” I murmured. “But I don’t know what you were thinking with Paige though Mase,” I chuckled. “seriously she’s crazy.”

“I know,” he shook his head and then chuckled placing his head next to mine and sighing. “I’m sorry about her outburst by the way, what she said was unacceptable and if I knew she was going to say something like that I wouldn't have invited her.”