Chapter 18

Six flags?

"hayes.. why are we here?" I said while laughing nervously. he looked at me funny.

"it's six flags! only the best amusement park here!"

I looked around. "aww shucks. there's nobody here. looks like we'll be leaving now." I tried to take his hand and pull him away when his feet planted to the ground.

"I rented it for the day, duh! I wanted it to be a fun time for just the two of us."

he was so sincere. but honestly, roller coasters are my second biggest fear. aside from snakes of course.

"Oh uh.. sounds fun!" I laughed nervously. he took my hand and we walked inside the amusement park. he was smiling and looked so happy. I couldn't ruin this for him. I would have to hide my fear the best I could then.

we walked up to the first roller coaster and hopped in the cart. it looked sort of small, which was still scary for me.

"ok as everyone is buckled up I need you all to keep your hands and feet indie of the cart at all times and enjoy your ride on Tatsu!" the announcer lady said. (A/N: ok I haven't been to six flags in years and that's the one in Indiana so don't judge my roller coaster skills I literally googled the name lol)

my palms were sweaty and Hayes looked over at me. "this one is amazing!" he looks so excited. how could one possibly be excited to go on this death trap.

the carts started moving forward. the wind started to slowly increase. I was counting in my head because that's what I always do when I'm in scary situations. why? I still don't know.

we reached the top and it took us exactly 5 seconds before we were going downhill at 90 mph. I was screaming as loud as I could. you would've thought I was dying.

I reached over and clenched into Hayes with my eyes still closed. Hayes started laughing and screamed too. he must've thought I was screaming from having fun.

no no dear boy, this is not fun. this is death defying! I felt the cart jerk forward signaling we had stopped. I let go of Hayes reluctantly when the person came by and lifted our belt thing. (A/N: obvi I have no idea what I'm talking about so help me out)

I stood up and hayes followed me to the gate that would let us out of hell.

I was still shaking when Hayes grabbed my hand and led me to the next ride. by the time we sat down in this one I was practically having a panic attack.

I looked over at Hayes who was sitting there with no emotion on his face. he looked deep in thought. I grassed his arm and rested my head on his shoulder.

as the cars started moving forward they got faster and faster every second. I put both of my hands on Hayes biceps and screamed. it was so fast it felt like it was over in seconds. we got out like last time.

as we got out and started walking away hayes looked over at me. "babe. what's wrong?" he asked laughing. he reached up and wiped what was a couple of tears off my face.

I was shaking still and started panting. like a dog basically. "no babe what's wrong. talk to me" he kept on repeating.

I finally slowed my heart rate and tatted breathing normally. i took a deep breath than I began.

"Hayes. I have this big fear that I haven't told you about"

"yeah, I know you're scared of snakes. you told me babe." he said chuckling.

"no. I'm scared of rollercoasters"

he gave me a confused but sympathetic look. he wrapped me in a hug. "I'm so sorry I made you do that. I completely understand, I hope you forgive me"

I nodded and explained to him it was my fault for not telling him.

"Hayes. you rented this for a day. I don't want to leave. it must've been expensive." he nodded while laughing.

"so you're gonna ride another coaster?!" he said with all excitement in his eyes.

"haha funny, but no. I'm never getting on another one. I mean we could do like the Ferris wheel and the bumped carts. don't forget the games to win stuffed animals!"

he grabbed my hand and walked me to the bumper cars. I grabbed a blue cart while he grabbed the green one. we raced around and I hit him more than he hit me.

I am almost 100% positive that he let me though. it was fine. I was satisfied. we were mostly laughing and being normal.

we spent the whole day doing kiddie rides and playing the games that you could win stuffed animals with. he won me over 10 animals at the minimum.

it was finally time for our very last ride. the Ferris wheel. it was a dark clear night so all you saw was the stars and the full moon.

as we got onto the blue rimmed cart we sat across from each other. I eventually wanted to be closer to I moved next to him.

I rested my head on his shoulder and started playing with his hands while he looked up at the stars.

"I love you, Lux."

"I love you, Hayes."

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

OKAYYYY GUYSSSSSSS

obviously an authors note so I don't want to put that. it gets boring.

so how'd you like this chapter? good? well since it's summer I've been working with my horse like everyday lmao so that's why I haven't updated.

QOTD;
raise yall hand if you ride horses/ have a horse. what discipline to you ride? what's your favorite thing to do with your horse?

AOTD;
I ride horsessss! I have a horseee! I ride western and my favorite thing to do is poles!(:

so I hope you guys liked this chapter and if you do please favorite and comment!

you guys can comment update, I like encouragement. I wasn't saying that you guys were bad. but don't like do it a million times.

I love hearing your opinion on the book!

thanks for 100k!💙