Chapter 1

I got on the school bus and Taylor went to the back. looks like I'm sitting alone. without my big brother. in the middle of the school year.

like I said. we've distanced from each other which I really miss having my older brother for me.

I sat down and read the new letter my dad sent me. did I forget to mention I'm a big daddy's girl? well it's been hardest on me since he left again for 8 months.

my parents divorced a couple years back and he and I got closer than ever. I moved with him and we stayed in Indiana, but Taylor went with mom down here.

when I found out dad was leaving I was a mess. I had this feeling that I would have to leave. which I dreaded leaving my home so much that I'm still currently giving the silent treatment to my mom.

you could say she's not happy...

the bus pulled up to my new school. I got off and went to the main office to get my schedule. I saw this really cute boy on the way there. he looked a little older than me, but he smiled and waved.

I got to the office and they called a student council member to come and show me to all of my classes and to my locker.

"Aaron Carpenter. Aaron Carpenter to the office please." the lady said into the intercom. Aaron Carpenter... that name sounds familiar.

the boy who I figured was Aaron walked in and it was the same boy from the hallway. he smiled and I just kinda looked around as the secretary instructed him what to do.

he nodded and took my hand as we walked out. I blushed and he took it away and continued walking.

he showed me all my classes and my lockers and it was finally lunch. we had the same lunch period and so did all of his friends.

we both got our lunches and he said I could sit with him and his friends. I accepted with a smile and sat down.

his friends kept on laughing until finally they saw me. there was a boy who looked about my age who smiled at me and looked down.

Aaron started talking and introduced me to his friends.

"Well Lux. this is Tommy, Alex, Josh, Justin, Matt, Zayn, and the dork looking down, that's Hayes." Hayes looked up and we locked eyes. "H-H-Hi guys. I'm... uh..." I went blank. when finally Taylor showed up and said my name.

"You're name is Lux. Lux Caniff." I smiled and nodded my head. the boys started questioning me. I heard one voice more than others. Hayes.

"Wait. Taylor is your brother?" I nodded and Hayes looked surprised. Taylor came over and gave him a wet willy Hayes slapped his hand away and Taylor told him to leave me alone and don't cause trouble with me. I guess he's still over protective. he just won't talk to me.

Hayes looked a little upset so I just smiled at him.

lunch was over and I was walking to my other class when I noticed cheerleading call outs were tomorrow night after tonights game. I immediately got excited and somebody tapped my shoulder.

I turned around and it was Hayes. "someone's excited about cheerleading huh?" he said with a smirk. I nodded and started to walk away. then I noticed I didn't have the bracelet that my dad gave me before he left.  he stopped me and gave me the bracelet.

I got overly excited and hugged him. I noticed what I was doing and then backed up. "Oh my gosh! what can I do to repay you?!?!?!!!?" he smiled and said "its going to cost you." I started to pull out my wallet. I didn't think he was like that..

"10 digits. preferably your phone number" I nodded and he gave me his phone. I put my number in and went to class.

the day finally ended and I walked to the bus. once again sitting alone.

I guess this day was good?

A/N :

heyyyyyy so I tried to make this chapter long and so yeahhhhhh I'm not very good at that.. but thanks yaaaa

Journie