Chapter 4

Hayes' POV

we won the game! I scored the winning touchdown!

this means I can play in nationals. all I had to do was win, then I was offered to go to the national football game.

I'm going to invite Lux. since Taylor is going anyway. Nash insisted on him going. since they're "close" now. and Nash wouldn't want me hanging out with them.

it might seem weird to invite a girl instead of my football teammates, but I feel like she's almost my lucky charm.

even though she's only been to one game.

I've decided it... I'm going to ask her today.

Lux's POV

Hayes had texted me inviting me to his National football game. I asked Taylor and he said since he was going I could too. we were leaving for Florida tomorrow. so i started packing.

since the last day of school was yesterday, it was officially summer break. and I couldn't wait to go from rainy, windy summer days in Indiana, to sunny, warm summer days in North Carolina.

I got out my suitcase and threw in 5 pairs of high wasted shorts, 2 regular shorts, 1 pair of jeans, 3 crop tops, 2 regular shirts, and one of Hayes old football jerseys that he gave me to wear at the game to cheer him on. I also "stole" one of Taylors bandanas.. but he let's me... or used to.

I packed all of my other things than texted Hayes and he said we were leaving tomorrow at noon. apparently we're driving, which I don't mind.

I was tired so I fell asleep. I didn't realize I straddled Hayes. I felt safe in his arms. unlike anywhere else.

I was soon awoken to light shaking. "Lux. Lux. wake up." I recognized the voice. Hayes. I smiled and once I opened my eyes I realized I was still on top of him. I quickly moved off and into my seat.

"hey. no worries. come back here. I'm cold without my sweatshirt." I looked down and saw I was wearing his football sweatshirt.

I almost took it off when he just picked me up and set me back on his lap. I smiled and nuzzled up to him. I looked out the window and realized it was about 3 am.

"Hayes?" he grunted 'hmm?' and I just blurted it out. "why did you wake me up exactly?" I giggled because he just fell asleep with his head on my lap.

well I better get to sleep too.

~ Three Days Later ~

Hayes' POV

It was game day and I was all fired up. I had that feeling.

you know that feeling when something inside just makes you feel like you're going to win?

that's exactly what it is.

did I forget to mention Aaron and his girlfriend, Hannah showed up? he introduced me and they seem to have met at the movies. they were both going to see the same movie, Frozen, and they ended up sitting next to each other.

she's cute, but older than me, and out of my league in the good way.

they went to go get their seats and before they took Lux I hugged her. as she pulled away I did what I've been wanting to do.

I kissed her.

it wasn't heated. or anything close to that. it was just a simple peck on the lips. she blushed as I pulled away. she kissed me on the cheek and walked with the family to our seats.

I quickly joined the huddle and did our team shake thing. I never played much attention to it. I ran out onto the field and looked for Lux. I saw her wearing my jersey from like 5th grade. it father perfectly, and it might actually be a little too big. she's so petite and small. but fits perfectly into my hold.

wait what? why am I thinking these things.

she waved and smiled at me and I got into my position.

Lux's POV

Hayes smiled at me so I just waved. with a smile in return of course. I was sitting next to Aaron and Hannah when Nash and a strange girl showed up. I had been with the Grier's a lot lately and never have seen her.

"Hey guys. this is my friend, Cassidy.  Cassidy this is... everybody. I met her in the concessions stand and thought she might want to watch the game." I smiled and she came and sat down next to me.

"Hi I'm Cassidy!" she said. she definitely was happy about life. the huge smile never leaving her face.

"Hi I'm Lux." I replied with a smile.

I heard this running and everybody was getting crazy so I looked over and Hayes had the ball.

A/N:

so this is sorta a cliffhanger? maybe? maybe not?

I don't even know.

but sorry it took me so long. and sorry if it was boring.

I have ideas for the book, they're just for later on. so I have to get there first before it gets to where I want it.

so once again,

Instagram ~ @Journie_ Horan

Or

@vine_boys_bae

Twitter ~ @vine_boys_bae

so follow me maybe? ;)

shank ya.

stay Nashty my lovers

~ Journie