Chapter 12

Lux's POV

we all walked back into the hotel and went up the elevator. the bell dinged and the doors opened. as I walked out I saw Taylor standing at Hayes' hotel room.

I walked up and pat Taylor on the back. he turned around and his eyes blew up. he was in shock. I saw behind his shoulder. Hayes was sitting on his bed kissing Hannah.

I thought she left? she barged out yesterday with all of her luggage.

I ran into the room and Hayes looked up at me. Hannah smirked and walked out. Hayes stood up to talk to me but I was done. this is exactly what he did back in North Carolina.

as I started to walk out Hayes grabbed my wrist and pulled me around.

"Lux. listen to me. don't leave. this wasn't my fault. I didn't do anything." he said with pleading eyes.

"Hayes this is exactly what you did 4 years ago the day I told you I was moving. you haven't changed. you're the same ass hole you were back there. I actually thought about us. if we could ever be again. but you just reminded me why I lost all trust in you." my eyes were watering and it took all of me not to break down in front of him. that's the last thing I want to do.

I told myself for years that I didn't love him. that I fell out of love with him. but I didn't even believe myself. I never stopped loving him. but I can't love him now.

Hayes is still Hayes. he's still the cheater that he was 4 years ago. and I can't love him again.

Hayes' POV

I didn't know what to do. I just thought back to what happened.

*~* Flashback ~*~

Lux's POV

I was walking over to Hayes' car after his lacrosse game. they had just won the championship. that means they're going to nationals.

I saw his dad's truck about 10 feet away. the passenger door was open and Hayes was sitting there. I walked to the other side of the truck and saw him sitting there kissing his ex-girlfriend Jordan.

they had broken up because she cheated on him. as I saw what happened Hayes looked up at me. I was astonished he would do such a thing. my eyes started watering and I ran out of the parking lot. I don't know where I was going, but I was ending up somewhere.