21. Destroyed

"How did you find me?" I asked curiously as I sat in the Cullen's house.

"Me." Alice interrupted.

"Did you see all of it?" I wonder, whether she had seen Nick.

"Yes, I'm sorry about Nick." She apologised.

All of a sudden, Jake walked through the door, "Oh my god, your ok, I've been so worried." He said whilst hugging me.

"Wait how did you-?"

"Wolf telepathy, and also Bella texted me." He explained. "Are you alright?"

"Yeah I'm fine, just a few bruises on my arms."

"You know I didn't mean that." He stated.

"No, he never loved me, he only cared about himself. He would of betrayed me the first chance he got." I reminisced.

"Hold on Seth's here... With Melissa." Edward interrupted, probably listening to their thoughts.

"I'll go get it." Jake offered, hurrying to the door. I followed Jacob to the door, but stopped just before the door, when I saw Seth with Melissa. Jacob was shaking his hand, and then I saw it a large ENGAGEMENT ring on Melissa finger. I cold tear trickled down my cheek; Seth could see me through the glass panelling. He mouthed the words,'I'm sorry' at me, but all I could do is stare. This time, all the apologies he gave me didn't matter. It felt like my heart had been ripped apart, one piece Nick had taken and the other Seth.

I grabbed my coat, and ran out of the house, past them three, through the forest and into my house. I would loved to have phased, but again another thing in my life that I loved had been taken away from me. I lay on the couch, thinking about the what I had just seen, the door bell rang, I walked to go get it and to my surprise at the door, there was Sophie at the door. "I heard about the news, I'm sorry." She apologised. I just broke down in front of her, she gave me a great big hug. My vision was blurry, with the tears that stagnated in my eyes.

****

As November started, I wasn't getting any better, Charlie invited me to thanksgiving, in the hope that it would cheer me. Everbody was there, even Melissa. "Hey Charlie, is it alright that I go outside for a bit, I need some fresh air?" I asked.

"Yeah, but only for a bit."

As I walked out, I could see Seth's eyes followed me out. I sat out on the porch steps, watching the last autumn leaves fall from the branches. I could hear the door open behind me, and Seth sat down beside me. "You know I'm, sorry."

"Stop with the apologies Seth, you need to stop, I don't need to hear them, I've gone through enough."

"Grow up Amelia, we're not sixteen anymore."

"Yeah, we're not, but you're not old enough to get married." I could hear my voice raising. We were interrupted by Jacob coming outside. "I think you need to go in Seth."

As Jacob spoke, Seth got up and went inside.

"You alright?" Jake asked.

"No, I'm not, I'm being selfish."

"What?"

"I'm in love with someone who I know I can never have."

"Tell me about it, that was me a year ago."

"What?" I asked a little confused.

"Well believe it or not, but I used to be in love with Bella."

"And she got married to Edward... But it wasn't easy because of the treaty. So you really hated Edward."

"Yeah."

"How did you cope?"

"I didn't, but that was just me. I mean the wolf thing didn't help, I was breaking everything. In the end I just let her go. I mean he didn't come the best time with you and Nick's break up. When I found out about Bella and Edward I ran to Canada."

"So I should just let him go?"