6. Controversy

He grabbed my wrist and started walking over to Nick, who was still stood with the Cullen's . " don't do this Seth." I kept pleading.

"What did you do to her?" He almost shouted at Nick, showing him my hand. All the Cullen's seem to look in horror. But Nick concentrated on Seth.

"I did nothing, in fact I saved her." Nick replied, his tone getting sharper.

"What is the meaning of this?" Carlisle calmly asked. Looking at my hand.

"I got attacked." I told him.

"I need to examine you, can we go inside Seth." Carlisle calmly directed. I along with Seth, Nick and Bella followed Carlisle into Sue's house and into the kitchen. I sat up on the work surface and rolled my sleeve up, he looked down, examining my arm, his cold fingers brushed against my scars. I gasped with the shocked of the coldness, which was strange, because being a wolf, I was naturally warm. Everyone looked as puzzled as me."did you suck all the vemon out?" Carlisle asked intrigued.

"Yeah, I think." Nick answered. After a few more minutes Carlisle let go of my hand and came up with a verdict,"Your not dead but your not a shapeshifter."

"I'm human?" The words trembled out of my mouth.

"Temporarily." Carlisle added

"Temporarily?" Bella repeated, puzzled.

"She is without her ability to shapeshift for about six to twelve months." Carlisle explained. "But for now you'll be fine."

"Thanks Carlisle." I said as he walked out the kitchen with Bella. I hopped of the kitchen surface and walked straight past Seth without looking him in the eye, Nick follow behind me. We both walked straight over to the Cullen's, after a few minutes of conversation, I got a light tap on my shoulder. It was Melissa. "Can I talk to you a minute." She asked.

"Yep." I replied. She led us out of the way of the wedding, partially into the woods, were nobody could see us. I looked back to see if anybody was looking, when I turned around to face Melissa, my left eye was met by her fist. Straight away my hand cover my eye. I winced in pain, when another sharp blow hit me, but this time in the stomach. I doubled my body over as a shield, waiting for the next blow, but when I looked forwards, she wasnt in front of me. Suddenly, her hand attached onto my face from behind, cover my nostrils and my mouth. I tried to pull her hand from off my face, my feet scrape the ground trying to get out of it. She was suffocating me in her anger.When she whispered,"that was for flirting with my boyfriend, and you can't imagine what I'll do to you if I catch you again." Then she threw my shaken body to the ground, leaving with a sinister grin on her face. Why did everyone want to beat me up? Had the world gone mad. I crouched over, my body in pain from what had just happened; that had never happened before. I decided to stand up, walking back to the main reception, sheilding my black eye from the view of guests, especially Charlie because the last person he seen me with was Seth. Unfortunately as I came closer to the party, I bumped in to Charlie. "Hey Amelia, you alright, what have you done to you eye?" He asked,

"Oh I just fell." I said uncovering my eye. When I noticed he was stood with a woman; Aunt Renee. "Hi auntie Renee," I greeted her.

" Hi Hunny," she said hugging me."you've gone so grown up and beautiful."

"Thanks."I said blushing with embarrassment. I wonder whether she had talked to Bella ? Bella wanted her out of her life because of what she had become. But I wasn't going to go in to this because I wasn't in their family unit. " I need to get ice for this eye." I excused myself. As I walked into the kitchen, to find Jake getting a drink. "What happened to you?" He laughed.

"I'm glad you find it funny, Seth's new girlfriend Melissa hit me."

"Why did she hit you?"

"Why do you think? Jealousy." I said getting ice out of the freezer. Jake took the ice, wrapped it in a paper towel and placed it on my bruised eye. "Do you want me to go speak to her?"

"No just leave it." I angrily murmured.