11. Recovery

My eyes were closed, but I was conscious. I felt a warm sensation on my right hand but a cold sensation on my left hand. The smell of lilies, tulips and irises filled my nostrils. My body ached. I gained the feeling of my fingers and I moved my right hand. I had the strength to lift my heavy eyelids. The bright light of the room shocked my eyes. I was in the hospital. I looked to my right and saw Seth holding my hand, and Jacob sat next to him, both looking really tired. "I'm going to get Charlie, mum and Josh." Seth announced. Josh? Did he come home from his honeymoon because of me? I felt really guilty. Jake moved into Seth's seat,"looking great Em." Jake chuckled.

"It's not a great way to end a party." I panted. I looked to the end of my bed to see Bella and Edward stood there smiling." The flowers are off Alice." Bella added.

"Tell her I said thank you." I said, finally I turned to my left to find Nick." Thank god your ok." He said kissing my forehead. I felt a bit embarrassed with everybody watching. Looking relieved, Charlie burst through the door with Sue and Josh. Seth was following close behind, with Carlisle. He grabbed the clipboard from the bottom of the bed and started examine it. "You were very lucky to survive this, a dislocated shoulder, a few broken ribs, a nasty cut on the leg, that you needed stitches for and you sustained a few abrasions on your head and face. You've been a coma for a week, so that the major injuries could heal." Carlisle explained. Charlie sat on the bed besides me.

"So when can she leave?" Charlie urged.

"Probably, today." Carlisle replied.

A week later my shoulder had almost healed-well I say healed, I mean stopped hurting, it would take another ten weeks to heal fully- there was a scar left on my leg, and my rips were ok. Maybe I was starting to shape-shift again, but only slightly-fast healing.This was good because school started in two weeks time. But the unfortunate thing was; I had no car.

One afternoon Jake arrived in my drive, all oily, as if he had came from the garage. I hobbled to go answer the door, "Will you come down to La Push?" He asked all mysteriously.

"Yeah, sure." I replied in a casual tone. He surprised me as he headed to his dads house. We simultaneously got out the rabbit and walked over to his shed.

"I know the Chevy fell off the cliff..." He grimaced whilst opening the shed door, " so I thought you could use one of these." He lifting a dust cover to reveal a Suzuki and Toyota motorbikes.

"But Jake, I don't know how to ride a dirt bike. And if I did, I've just come out of an accident I wouldn't want to get into one again."

"I'll teach you how to ride, and if it makes you feel any safer you can wear a helmet." He chuckled.

"But Charlie will kill me!" I protested.

"Enough with the excuses, come on, lets go." He said grabbing the Toyota. So I guessed the Suzuki was mine, I grabbed it out the shed, and Jake took me to a deserted footpath in the forest to practise on.

It was hard at first, but by a week, I soon got the hang of it. When Jake seen that I could ride it easy on the softer path, he moved me on to a harder piece like a road. It felt easier than the rough forest path. "Race you down to the Cullens,"Jake challenged me.

"Your on." I said seriously. We checked the road to see if it was clear, when we started our engine and raced towards the Cullens at speed I've never tried before. Jacob was showing off, as per usual, swerving in and out cars. Going off road and jumping over fallen trees.