13. First day

"So when do you leave?" I asked him.

" Tomorrow" he regretted. I bowed my head in sadness, his cold hands lifted my head so my eyes were level to him. "There is just one thing I wanted to do before I leave." He muttered before his lips touched mine and never let go. Then he took his t-shirt off to reveal a chiseled physique. His cold body pressed against the sweatshirt that I was wearing, but it still made me feel cold. When suddenly, it clicked, I realised what he was doing and I had to stop it before I end up with more bruises or even worse. His sharp, ice cold lips move from my lips to my neck. This was my chance,"stop, Nick, stop." I whispered into his ear.

"Why?" He questioned as he still was kissing me.

"I can't do this, not right now." I murmured.

He froze in a rigid position then moved away from me, and gained his place next to me on my bed. He slipped his t-shirt back on, that was previously just screwed up in a ball at the end of my bed. He lay down on my bed and I rested my head on his chest. "Why did you want me to stop?" Nick questioned again.

"I couldn't go through with it not now. Not like this. Not...human." I whispered half asleep. The last thing I heard that night was him laugh under his breath.

The next morning I woke up to the loud sound of my alarm clock going off and an empty space next to me. A few second later Charlie shouted,"Em you up yet, you don't want to be late for your first day as a senior."

I suddenly got up, took a shower and got dressed in a pair of jeans, accompanied by a checked shirt and a leather jacket. I managed to rag a brush through my curly hair, that I should of straightened the night before. I grabbed my motorbike helmet from under my bed and walked downstairs, forgetting that Charlie hadn't left yet. "What is that?"

"Erm, it's a helmet." I murmured nervously.

"So your riding a motorcycle." He voice started to raise.

"It's only temporary." I explain."Just until I buy a new car." I amost ran out the house.

I leapt on the Suzuki and put my rucksack on my back. Just before I put on my helmet, Charlie shouted from the door," Remember we're having dinner with Sue, Seth, Leah and Josh tonight. Oh, and be careful." I felt that there was more emphasis on the 'be careful'. I placed my helmet on my head and turned the key in the engine. As I got to school a crowd seemed to gather, "Is that Amelia Swan?" I heard somebody say to a group of friends. Other were talking about my car crash, " I heard she was in a car crash a few weeks ago, like she fell off a cliff or something terrible."

And others, obnoxious boys, stared at me, but not in a freaky way." Hey is that Amelia Swan? She's had a REALLY good year if you know what I mean." The boy muttered to his friends.

But I ignored it all and kept walking with my helmet under my hand and tucking my keys in my coat pocket. I went straight to the reception to collect my timetable and my locker number. I went straight to my locker and stuffed my helmet in, as I shut the locker door, a girl was stood next to me. She started talking," Hi, I'm Alexis, but some people call me Lexi..." I started to ignore her because something across the hall caught my attention. Something I thought never could happen. Someone who I thought would never be here, was stood leaning against the lockers opposite me. Then they turned around and placed books in their locker. That someone was Seth!