17. Bite

"Jake, Jake, stay with me." I yelled, as he started to look drowsy. Then the pain kicked in, and his groaning was louder. "I've got a first aid kit in my backpack, but I can't treat him here, I need to get him to Emmett's car." I told the boys. Quil put Jake's right arm over his shoulder and I put his left over mine. Embry left to go warn Sam and the pack. I could feel his blood dripping through his t-shirt, this must of been the infected from the bite because normally it would of healed by now. When we got to the Jeep I opened the boot and let Jacob sit down, as he took off his t-shirt, I checked through my first aid kit. There was nothing in there to fix a werewolf bite, so I bandaged him up and told him to keep pressure on the wound to prevent loss of blood. I needed to get him to Carlisle, hopefully he would know what to do.

I took a short cut by going off road, I could hear that Jake wasn't pleased by my decision.

I didn't care to park in the garage and just park outside the house. I abruptly got out the the Jeep and ran to Jake's side to get him out. To my surprise, Edward opened the door and Bella joined him ," Is Carlisle in?" I urged, Jacob.

"No he's hunting with Esme and Emmett, let me take Jacob." Edward explained, him and Quil carried Jake into the house to a set up doctors surgery, where Carlisle's medical equipment was held.

"Are you alright? Alice had I vision, she said you and Jacob were attack by what looked like a werewolf?" Bella asked concerned.

"Yes I'm alright." I answered.

I went straight to a syringe and administered morphine to Jake for the pain,"Alice, look up werewolves in all the books you can find." I said frantically. She ran to the book shelf looking through all the books she had. I cleaned the bite with antiseptic, "Alice!" I shouted

"Wolfsbane." She shouted back.

"I'll go get some, I've seen it in the forest before." Edward suggested.

I grabbed the the silver stitching thread and started to stitch Jacob up. Suddenly Edward entered with the wolfsbane. "Alice, follow the book on how to use it." I said.

"Wait, hold on, why can I still smell blood?" Bella asked confused. I could feel I damp sensation around my ankle, I looked down and where I was standing there was a few drops of blood on the floor and the bottom of my jeans. As I looked up I could see Rosalie staring at me with flared nostrils. She ran towards me, with a hungry look on her face, when Quil pushed her out the way, she was knocked to the other side of the room. Before she could come back for more, Jasper and Bella where at her side restraining her, and leading her upstairs. Rushed off her feet, Alice returned with two glasses filled with unwelcoming looking liquid, and gave it to both me and Jacob."We have to drink this." Complained Jake.

"Bottoms up." I muttered. We both gulped downed what looked like blended wolfsbane. It tasted worst than it looked, but I had to drink it otherwise I would of maybe become a werewolf. Jake got off the table and walked over to the living room, to have a rest, "Sam and some of the others are here." Edward announced shortly before there was a knock on the door. I stayed in the set up surgery and stitched my foot up,suddenly I could here Carlisle and the others come in and the murmur of voices that followed. Then I heard Emmett come in to the room, "I just seen Jake, you didn't get blood in the car, did you?" he almost cried.

"I don't know." I said standing up and walking to the living room, I sat next to Jake, who was slouched on the sofa. Most of the Quileute pack was their: Sam, Paul,Jared Quil, Embry, Collin and Brady and of course, Seth.

"We couldn't find whatever it was, the scent just stopped." Sam was explaining.

"It couldn't of gone far."Carlisle added.

Suddenly headlights shone through the glass, I walked to the window to find Sue's car, with her and Charlie in it and Nessie in the back. She clambered out of the backseat and straight to the door where Edward was waiting, "I better go." I excused myself. Just as I turned around and exited the room, reaching the front door, I heard a voice call my name,"Amelia," I turned around to see Jacob stood behind me," Listen, thank you for like saving my life before."

" Well you did the same for me before, so no problem."