8. Opportunities

That night Charlie came home with exciting news," I know you been a bit unluckily the past few days, and know your studying a medicine to become a doctor. So I had a talk to Carlisle, and he's giving you a position at the hospital with him. Like his assistant, he says it'll get you into med school quicker."

I was literally speechless I couldn't turn down an opportunity like that, and I finally spat out words to respond to him,"Thanks Charlie."

As I lay in bed I couldn't stop thinking about my future. But who would share this with me? Leah and Josh will have a child. The Cullens would be together for eternity, Ness will come of age and have feelings for Jacob. But who would I have? I still loved Seth, it hurt to think of him with her and a year and a half ago that was me. I needed to buy a house, I still had inheritance money, and working as a trainee doctor would bring in extra money and I couldn't live with Charlie all my life.

The next day, I set out to go to the Cullens first off to thank Carlisle for offering me the job, however they weren't in, which was unusual, so I drove down to La push, to Emily and Sam's. "Hey, how you doing? " Emily greeted me as I came in the door.

" Fine." I replied.

"I heard about you and Seth." She said almost wincing, like it was painful to say it. I didn't reply, I couldn't physically say his name out loud. She knew that I couldn't so we were left with a awkward silence. " I got a job at the hospital," I said changing the subject.

"Really? That's great." Emily congratulated me.

"Yeah, I'm a trainee doctor."

"Well I hope you really enjoy it." She encouraged me. Suddenly all the Quileute boys rushed in all at once. "Oh heyAmelia." Paul murmured in a mocking type of way." Did you enjoy your dip yesterday,"

"What do you mean?" I said puzzled.

"Well, we seen you do a bit of cliff diving," Paul said smirking.

"What?" Seth interrupted, whilst walking in with Jacob.

"I was perfectly safe, Nick was with me." I explained. Seth eyes narrowed, his fists clenching tighter together."what were you doing in the forest anyway?" I said to Paul changing the subject.

"After a vampire, that's feasting on the town, but we haven't caught them yet." Paul said scowling. I sat there for a moment thinking, when Melissa jogged through the door, in a pair of ragged shorts and a vest top. Was she a shapeshifter? That explains the black eye and the bruising on my stomach. She placed her hand around Seth's neck, and he placed his hands around her waist, leaning in closer to kiss each other when I interrupted them by pushing my chair away from the table and leaving Sam and Emily's by pushing past them. I arrived home and it was empty as usual. Charlie was investigating 'homicides' that was happening over the forks area, but me and the pack knew that what was killing these innocent people wasn't living. I picked up a a letter addressed to me from under the door.I opened and realised that it was a invitation from Ashley for a senior homecoming party on Saturday. Unfortunately, Seth knew Ashley so he would be going with Melissa. I decided to phone Nick, I wasn't going to this party by myself, that would just look sad.