Still

With her legs still trembling and weak from her wildest experience, Coline managed to drive herself back to her house. More than anything, what she feels right now is pain and hurt-physically and emotionally. Giving herself willingly to JC is one thing she'll never forget and regret in her lifetime. Because admittingly and with all surety, she now acknowledges her love for the man. Yes. She loves JC. No questions, no doubts and no reservations. But she's still married and she is still a Lionheart. She can't just turn her back from her children and leave them behind to pursue this love. Kahit pa gaano niya kamahal ang binata, nangingibabaw parin ang pagmamahal niya sa mga anak niya bilang isang ina. And that is the highest form of love-- Agape. Unconditional. She knows she'll be okay as long as she has her children beside her...maybe. Time will heal all wounds no matter how deep it may be and scars are reminders of how strong of a character she has. But she'll never forget the kind of love that JC taught her. Love is generous. Love is good. Love is giving.

Tinuyo niya ang mga luhang kanina pa naglalandas sa kanyang pisngi nang makarating siyang multi sa kanilang bahay bago siya tuluyang bumaba sa kanyang sasakyan. Right. This is the place where she belongs. With her children. The Lionheart Pride Rock Mansion shone majestically with its white high walls reflecting the sunlight.

Nay Ester hlgreeted her as she entered the house, still feeling sorry for her. Kahit hindi ito magsalita, bakas sa mukha ng matanda ang lungkot sa mga pangyayari.

"Nay, paki-empake naman po ang mga gamit namin ng mga bata." Mahinang utos niya na ikinagulat ng matanda.

"P-p-po?"

"We're leaving, Nay. Matatagalan siguro bago kami makabalik... Ikaw na muna ang bahala sa bahay." She calmly answered as she glanced around the house which cradled too many memories. "10 am ang flight naming, Nay. I don't want to be late. I miss my kids so much." Dugtong pa niya at pumanhik na sa kanyang kwarto. She immediately dialled her mother-in-law's number.

"Hello, Mama."

"Nakipagkalas ka na ba kay JC, Coline? Don't fool me, hija. Believe me, I would know."

"Opo, Ma. Sasama ako sa inyo. 'Wag niyong ilayo sa 'kin ang mga anak ko."

"Good. We'll see you at the airport. Bring your passport with you."

***

"Mommy! Mommy!" Masayang salubong sa kanya ni Lauren. She hugged her daughter tightly and showered her with kisses.

"Mabuti naman at nakapag-isip ka ng maayos."singhal sa kanya in Ezpie.

"I told you before, Ma. Hindi tayo magkatulad. I know the word fidelity. You know I'll do anything for my children." Saka niya kinarga sina Ezze at Emma.

"Mommy, will we return?

"Maybe after some time, baby. Bakit?"

"Paano ang house natin, Mmy?"

"Nanay Ester will take very good care of it." Sagot ni Ezperanza.

"What about school, Mommy? Ang dami kong absent na. "

"We will be transferring you to one of the best schools in the US, munchkin. And you'll have many new friends there." Noel answered.

"But... But... What about Daddy JC?"

"JC's not your dad!" Naiiritang bulyaw in Ezpie na ikinagulat ni Lauren.

Coline leaned toward her little Lauren and gently spoke. "Your Lola is right, baby. Tito JC is not your daddy so from now on, stop calling him that. Okay sweetie?"

"But you will marry him so he will be my daddy too."Lauren reasoned in her puppy eyes.

Clever girl. May pinagmanahan nga. "But you see, sweet cake, Mommy's not marrying Tito JC anymore."  She held up her hand for Lauren to see that she isn't wearing the ring JC gave her. "It will just be Mommy, Lauren, Ezze and Emma."

"But why Mommy? It doesn't have to be that way..."

"Final call for boarding...Final call for boarding for the last remaining passengers... Last remaining passengers on Philippine Airlines flight PR 207 to New York. Please board the aircraft now. This is your final call for boarding."

Saved by the bell. Tumayo si Coline nang maayos at hinalikan sa noo ang anak. Hindi rin niya into mabigyan ng sagot dahil siya mismo, hindi run niya alam. "We need to go sweetheart."