25. Pick Me, Choose me, Love me

Need your votes, comments and Love. Please 💞💕

VIRAT

"You lying deceitful bastard." My wife growled as soon as we entered home.

I didn't understand why all of a sudden Sonam reacted this way but I knew it had something to do with the party.

"Excuse me?" I murmured, looking at her in shock. I was already exhausted. My extreme regret, my mistakes, my feelings and my obsession over someone who was not even mine made me feel completely tired.

"You lied to me about everything!" She exclaimed trying to pounce at me like a tiger.

I knew I had to stay calm.

"Sonam, what happened to You? I thought we were okay-" I tried to say something but got interrupted by her again. I had never seen her so disturbed.

"We will never be okay after all that I have heard today."

"Sonam, you're over reacting. What happened?" I looked at her with both my eyes raised, a frown must have been over my face as she looked at me in utter disbelief.

"What happened? You lied to me Virat. You told me you never slept with that girl. But you did!"

Oh, oh.

So the one thing that I had kept away from her so that I could be able to keep my marriage, to be able to not hurt her, to be able to make the best out of a very bad situation had been exposed.

By who? Anushka? Had she told her everything?

"How could you do this to me? How could you lie so much?" She yelled hitting my chest again and again. I tried to stop her.

My mind wandering with thoughts.

"Sonam, stop please. I said I'm sorry."

"I didn't wanna hurt you." I tried to justify my sins. But how could I ever justify breaking someone's heart? I had hurt Sonam, and I had hurt Anushka too.

Maybe Anushka deserved the hurt because she had sinned with me but Sonam deserved happiness and Love, not betrayal and hurt. She had lied and hid the truth from me too, but was that as unjustifiable as my truth?

"You hurt me the moment you chose to sleep with Anushka." She continued. "She told me everything! Atleast she's not a liar like you, no matter how big of a whore she is." She exclaimed angrily. A nerve broke out within me. How dare she?! How dare she call her that?

"Sonam!" I said firmly.

"It's true. She's a home wrecker." She screamed at me angrily again. I inhaled a deep breath. I had to stay calm.

"Stop being so angry Sonam." I tried. She cried.

"Why Virat! Why should I? You deceived your wife!" She said in agitation. I put a hand on her shoulder.

"Sonam, I am sorry that I did that. But I love you," I told the truth. She rolled her eyes.

"And her? Was it just lust with her?"

No. It wasn't.

It wasn't lust. It was love and lust. It was her short dresses and her bitterness, it was her smart brain and her witty replies, it was her crazy brand obsession and self love that had drove me crazy. It wasn't just her body, it was her mind that had captivated me too. Her personality made me feel alive. But I always tried to deceive my own heart by focusing on her body, Just so I could feel less guilty. Less human.