1. The spawn of the rich

THE ELITES

THE ELITES.

Money, power and fame. Three words, three things and the world is yours, a moment of weakness and vulnerability and that world is gone.

Business world is much similar to the bollywood world. The world that is filled with fake smiles and laughs, PR stunts, deals and passion, fakeness and betrayals, love and hate.

And to top them all up..money. People in this world would die for money and even kill for it.

What's so bad about living in this world? Living in a world where you can get anything you want? Just at a nod. Probably nothing. Or that's what they think.

The huge chandelier in the dining hall hung right above their table. The tinkling of the champagne glasses and the murmur of people all around the wide hall. The spawn of the rich and wealthy chartered over brunch.

It was a usual day in Mumbai. As usual as it could be for the elites. Brunch on a Sunday where businessmen simply discussed golf, their wives discussed brands and their off springs just showed off their wealth.

"It's not even funny anymore, man. Like why the fuck would she tell us she's coming and then bail last minute." Aiden spoke. Half English, half Indian with so much money that he had no idea what to do with it. His father died two years ago and he came to Mumbai to live with his mother.

"She didn't really bail on us. She's just late." Aryan defended his friend. Their friend.

"Is that what you call late? It's been more than an hour." Sanaya complained. They were a notorious bunch. A couple of rich kids who only knew how to shop until they dropped.

"What else can you expect from her? She's a spoiled brat." Sasha continued. She was the daughter of Maalik Chauhan. A man who owned more resorts in Goa than people owned cars.

"And you are not?" Gautam shot back. He was the son of one of the biggest producers in Bollywood. Sasha smirked, looking at him.

"I'm better than her. Give me some credit yar."

Both the boys shared a look after hearing Sasha's comment and then burst into laughter.

He leaned forward, tucking a piece of stray hair behind her ear. Sasha flustered. She always had a crush on Gautam but was too scared to admit it

"The thing is nobody's better than her. That's what makes her hotter than the both of you." He whispered and then leaned back, satisfied at Sasha's reaction. She smelled of jealousy.

Aryan's stomach growled all of a sudden.

"I'm hungry. Can't we eat atleast?" He growled.

"That's why I ate a donut on the way. I knew she'd be 'fashionably late'."

The last comment seemed to vanish in the air when all of a sudden, they caught scent of the familiar chanel cologne.

Anushka Sharma. The Queen bee. Her father, owner of Sharma Empire. Hotels, resorts, clubs. You name it. The man had business going on in everything. No wonder he was never at home. Anushka's late mother was a legendary actress who passed away while shooting a stunt in China. Or that's what was known to the world. Her father married years ago and the new woman wasn't someone she tolerated.

Her father's busy schedule and her mother's fame made her feel lost in her own house. She was brought up by nannies and maids. Her birthday parties were planned by event planners with her parents only attending the event like guests.

They weren't bad parents. They just had different priorities.

So she built this cold exterior like any other girl would do. She found happiness in shopping and going on vacations. She found happiness in her so called friends.

She wasn't a diva but she wasn't exactly the best person either.

"Anushka! Good Morning." Aryan exclaimed standing up and hugging the girl from one side.

"Oh my God, I love that dress, girl." Sasha complimented. Gautam chuckled. Leave it to girls being fake.

"I hope I'm not too late?" She asked as she hugged Gautam.

"Just a little." He responded. She made an apologetic face but didn't seem sorry at all.

"Come on, let's go eat." They moved towards the table and called the waiters to serve them food.

"Didn't you come with your father?"

Anushka scoffed at the question.

"I came with the driver. He came with my fake bitch of a step mother." She responded back rather grumplily.

"Come on, she can't be that fake." Aryan tried. She raised her eyebrow and shook her head at him.

"Yeah, ask that to the botox on her face." She shot back making the girls chuckle.

"You're unfair to her. I mean, you should atleast give her a chance." Gautam persuaded.

The glare she gave him, shut him up.

As the chatter of the people became more and more, Anushka chose to remain quiet. She already got up way too early and now all this noise was irritating her.

She leaned against Gautam who was equally tired after his conquest of last night. A French tourist who was intrigued by his father's collection.

Gautam saw her father look around for his daughter and murmured the same to Anushka.

"Your dad's looking for you." He told her. She wanted to be rebellious and not go but she knew better than disrespecting him in front of everyone.

She walked across the hall, her heels clicking on the wooden floor.

"Anushka, there you are. Come here." She sighed and stold next to her dad.

"I want you to meet someone." He said, moving her forward towards a man and a woman.

"Virat, this is my daughter Anushka. Anushka, this is Virat and that's his wife." He introduced.

As she looked up, she came across a pair of the most intriguing eyes she had ever seen.

Holy mother of everything.