24. Truth Can't hide

Hey guys. This chapter is long as fuck and I kinda like iy because it has alot of dialogues so here you go.

I would really appreciate your comments because it's alot of work writing a chapter and reading what people have to say about it matters alot.

Thank you xx

ANUSHKA

"Why do you look like you've seen a ghost?" Rumaan's voice left me out of my trail of thoughts and I looked at him with utter displeasure on my face.

When I had agreed to come to this party, It was because I wanted to be away from Virat's ghost for once but that dream had shattered as soon as I had entered.

The first person I had seen was Sonam, her arms entangled between a man's that was her man but used to be mine too, or atleast that's what I had thought.

Virat wasn't mine.

He didn't want to be mine.

Her smile and her grace had made me feel stupid, she was elegant and sophisticated. This was what Virat had done to me. He had made me question every little thing. He had me questioning about my own self.

I was slowly getting insecure, something that I didn't like.

I hadn't even worn a dress today, instead I was in a baby pink two piece and I hadn't bothered opening my hair, instead it was in a messy bun.

Virat had looked at me too, like a sworn enemy, eyes glaring at the back of Rumaan, his gaze was judgemental but I didn't care about that. All I cares about was how he had left me with a broken heart.

"I just didn't expect to see someone here." I replied to Rumaan after a short while.

"Are you okay?" He questioned back, his eyes showed concern, something that I wasn't used to seeing.

He inhaled a deep breath, understanding me in a way.

"You can tell me. I don't know you but we had a great talk yesterday and I'm not the kind of person who talks about other people so you can trust me." He continued.

The way he used to talk comforted me. It comforted me yesterday and it comforted me now.

"I made mistakes. And now the ghosts of those mistakes haunt me." I told him.

He chuckled dryly.

"So basically your ex is here?" He stated.

"Exactly." He smirked, taking a sip of his champagne and so did I.