8. Fuck the guilt

UPDATED. PLEASE TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK. I WOULD LOVE TO SEE YOUR COMMENTS XX

 I WOULD LOVE TO SEE YOUR COMMENTS XX

Anushka did not wear guilt well. Instead she covered it up with too much makeup or too fancy dresses. The guilt was there though, in the shadows of her eyes, in the depth of her heart and in this case, in the soreness between her legs. So instead of crying her eyes out as she had done in her bedroom early morning. she smiled and laughed as if there was nothing wrong, as if things were perfectly alright, as if she had not just slept with a married man.

A part of her was bitter about Virat insulting her like that but another reasonable part of her knew that she had to move on from this. She had to stop thinking about that night and she had to try and not fuck up things any further.

So there she was, sat beside Gautam who was bragging about this tourist she he had recently banged.

"So she goes like is this how indians greet every tourist? And I sit there like No honey you are just too special. I mean the best part was getting rid of that horrible family dinner. As soon as the dessert arrived, I told them I had to leave and meet Anu." He explained looking at Anushka.

Anushka chuckled. "Tu bhi use kar ab mujhe."

"So? What are your plans for tomorrow? We all should go somewhere guys. I need a break." Aiden murmured, seeming out of his wits. Ever since the breakup he had been more than tired of almost everything.

"Sure. I say we hit the road, a nice road trip sounds good." Aryan shared his opinion. Gautam nodded along wwith the others. All of them agreed except for Anushka. She did not say anything.

"Anu?" Gautam questioned but she had zoned out again.

"Nush?" Gautam tried again and finally Anushka looked at him."Haan?" She questioned.

"Road trip? What scene?" Aryan asked her.

"Oh no, I can't guys. You all go though." She replied. As much as she wanted to go she knew that she had to stay back.

"But why? You never say no to these things." Sasha murmured asking for an answer when realization hit Gautam, oh.

"Guys, let's postpone it till the next week yeah?" He glanced at the others conveying the message through his eyes.

All of them nodded.

"Sweetie, how about we all have a sleepover at your place tonight?" Rhea suggested. All of her friends might have not liked her guts but they still did love her. She had that aura about her.

Anushka chuckled.

"Why? You think I'm gonna break down because of my dead mother's anniversary tomorrow? Yeah nope!" She replied gulping down a glass of water.

"You don't have to pretend, nush. We know you." Sasha intervened.

Anushka smiled.

"I don't care about her. So I'm not gonna cry about her death." She replied, making others frown. Only Gautam knew the truth.