5. Unattentive family.

Sharma house, morning

"Hi daddy!" Anushka exclaimed, cheerful in the morning. Her father looked at her attire first, a short dress that barely reached her knees.

He chose not to say anything and was even shocked that Anushka was talking to him after all that had happened.

"Morning, how are you?" He asked softly.

Anushka smiled. A playful expression on her face.

"Well.." She dragged. "I was a little sad yesterday after our argument so I went on a little shopping spree, then booked the VIP lounge of a club and even gave my friends a good dinner treat after that." She told him, satisfied with himself.

His father nodded.

"I hope you used your credit card?" He put forth. Anushka chuckled.

"Not really-" Before, she could say anything..the voice of her step mother reached her ears.

"Anushka! Did you use my credit card? How the hell did it reach the limit so soon?"

She questioned. Anushka smirked.

"I didn't feel like using my card. It's okay, I'm sure you can live without it for a few days."

"This is the spoiled daughter you have raised?! Look at her!" She yelled directing her anger towards her father.

Her father sighed.

"She won't do it again." He took it lightly because he knew his daughter. She could have done something far worse but she did something civil.

"Ofcourse. You always defend her. You have raised a spoiled daughter and she will always be like this. Kaun karega aesi larki se shadi?"

She yelled making Anushka only see red. Who was this woman and who gave her the right to talk so much shit!

"Don't worry, if an honourable man like my father can marry someone like you, I'm sure my good looks will land me someone even better." Anushka taunted.

"Ghamandi. You're just this shallow. Looks fade, Anushka."

Her father still waited for the issue to resolve on his own. He sipped his tea.

"Apparently they don't with two plastic surgeries!" Anushka shot back. Her step mother had gotten two surgeries, one in America to reduce the wrinkles and another nose job.

"I have never seen a daughter be so disrespectful to her mother."

"You are not and you will never be my mother. This empire, this money, these credit cards, they are not yours! They are my father's. So don't act like I did anything to you." She finally said.

Her father stood up.

"Enough! Anushka. Go to your room." He ordered his daughter.

She shook her head.

"Tell your wife to not question me next time." She stated, crossing her arms.

He looked at his wife.

"Don't." He simply said and with a shake of head, her step mother left the dining room.

Anushka smiled, happy that her father atleast took her side. He told her to sit down and finish her breakfast.

She did as she was told.

She cut through the bread and drank a sip of the orange juice.

Her father looked at her with a small smile and started to speak.

"I know you have issues with her but she makes your father happy. Should that not be an enough reason for you to respect her?"

She bit her lip. She still remembered the times where her father would have tears in his eyes all the time after her mother left him. But after his second marriage, he did seem happier.

But what about her? What about the fact that she thought she lost her dad the moment he married again?

"I'm sorry, dad. I just don't like her." She stated with a pout.

"Nobody's forcing you to. Just respect her, for me." She nodded.

"I'll try." She whispered. Her father stood up then, he placed a kiss on her head.

"You're my daughter. I might not show it sometimes but I do love you." He said. It was true.

Anushka's heart warmed with this slightest bit of attention. A smile formed on her face.

"Now get up and go to work. Don't keep Virat waiting."

---

Virat's house.

"Sonam! Tie!" Virat yelled for his wife.

"Vee, it's not rocket science. Choose one." Sonam sighed, then picked out a tie for him. She handed it over to him and then walked down the stairs to see if breakfast was ready or not.

"Baby, breakfast!" Sonam yelled from the kitchen. Virat took his things and walked down the stairs. He put the laptop and coat away and sat on the table.

"What are your plans for Diwali?" Sonam questioned. Virat sighed.

"I don't know honey. We'll have to see."

"You're always so busy Virat. The least we can do is visit our families on diwali." She complained munching on a toast.

"Sorry yar. It's not my fault that work is so packed right now." Virat responded drinking another sip of his strong tea.

Coffee wasn't something he liked. It was tea. Always.

Sonam bit her lip looking at him with a guilty look.

"Virat, I already told mom that we will be there this Diwali. I can't cancel on her now." She burst out.

Virat raised his eyebrows.

"And you didn't think it was important to tell me? You damn well know how hard work has been ever since bhaiya left and you know I can't even take a fucking sunday off Sonam!" He exclaimed.

Sonam knew Virat was busy but she felt so alone these days. She was home all the time while Virat was always coped up in his office.

"So what do I do? Tell my parents we won't be celebrating Diwali?"

Sonam responded. Her lip wobbled. Virat noticed that.

"You're not gonna start crying; are you?" He questioned softly, then stood up and put his hands around her shoulder. He rested his chin on her head.

"I'm just really tired of sitting at home all day. I miss home." She stated.

"This is home." He insisted. She nodded.

"I mean, my parents." Sonam murmured.

Virat sighed.

"Acha, how about you go and visit them alone?" He put forward making Sonam frown.

"And leave you all alone on diwali? No."

"Baby, you know I don't even care about these things haan? Just go if you're missing them. I'll try to come and get you back myself." He suggested.

Sonam thought for a while.

"You'll be okay on your own?"

"Yeah, I will. Don't worry." He assured.

She finally nodded and with that, she took a flight to Delhi two days later.

Who knew her leaving would cause complications that she didn't even know would ever occur.

---

Hey guys. I need your comments on this one. Tell me what you all think!