Chapter 31

"No! I am not having black on the baby's walls!" I reprimand Leo as he points out a design in the catalogue.

"Amor, it's a slight accent not an entire wall. It looks beautiful," he defends calmly, "Also it'll go along with the rest of the house." We had already had the wall painted a light pink color, which he didn't think went with the rest of the house so he was trying to figure a way to sneak in a way to make it fit in.

"Black is a dark color, she doesn't need to be surrounded by it," I huff, and cross my arms. He raises his eyebrows and turns the page.

"Mari... It really isn't that much I promise. Now, come on, up. You have to get ready for the baby shower," he smiles softly, and stands up to offer me assistance. I groan and place a hand on my belly, before grabbing his hand and slowly straightening up.

"Are you sure there's nothing I can do to help with setting it up?" I ask as I go up the stairs.

"Positive!" He shouts from the main floor.

I move to our master bedroom and put on a white and rose print flow dress with white wedges and putting my hair in a bun. Sofi and Maria Sol were throwing the baby shower here, while the guys went to Luis' place with the kids.

I was sad that my family wasn't going to come. My sisters sent gifts while apologizing for not coming, but not wishing to upset my mother. She hasn't talked to me since the announcement and neither has Hugo.

I slowly made my way back down where Thiago was eating in front of the tv happily. "Your turn," I shout to Leo in the kitchen, who walks in and drops his jaw dramatically.

"Hermosa," he breathes and walks forward and kisses me while rubbing my stomach. The baby kicked while he held his hand over, causing him to smile.

"She's so going to take after me," he smirks before rushing upstairs to get changed. I went and sat down on the couch next to Thiago.

"Are you excited to go play with Benja and Milan, bebe?" I ask, even though his attention is on the tv.

"Yup," he answers with no real interest in me. He pauses and looks at my belly, "Mami, when is the baby coming?"

"In two months, mi amor." Leo was slightly stressed about the baby coming in May because he was due to be in America for Copa America Centenario. He nods his head and returns to his show. I hear the locks on the front door start to open and I get up to go help Celia and Maria Sol with whatever they're bringing in.

"Marisol if you even think about helping, so help you! Go sit down," Celia shouts from the corridor.

"Celia, por favor, I'm pregnant not an invalid," I respond walking up to help her and Maria Sol with the bags that they're carrying.

"You're carrying my new niece, so sit," Sol nods off in the direction of the living room. They both move to put their bags down before giving me a welcoming besito and rubbing my belly.

"So, will we learn the name today?" Sol asks hopefully. I shake my head and move to hold my stomach.

"Leo and I don't even know the name," I tell her smiling. It wasn't entirely untrue, we had an idea what to name her, we just didn't agree on how to spell it.

"She could come any day, Mari. Leo was almost a month early," Celia reminds me, as she moves to the living room to see Thiago.

I pick up the few bags she left and Maria Sol and I followed her, "Si, but she better not because her nursery and her mama aren't ready for her grand arrival. The doctor told us she still looked good for May, though."

Celia hums at my response as she hugs Thiago. "Where's Leo?"

"Right here," he says walking into the room to say hi to his mom and sister. "Thiago, are you almost ready to go?"

"You're not leaving until you help us set up," his mother informs him. He rolls his eyes as he starts looking through the decorations.

A few minutes later, Sofi arrived with Luis and the kids. Delfina ran up to hug me and was stunned at my belly.

Benja and Thiago went up to his room to play, while Luis and Leo started setting up the larger decorations. Sofi and Maria Sol started putting up the smaller decorations, while Leo and Luis put up the banners and balloons. Celia helped guide everyone with what went where while I sat with Delfina.

Eventually our living room and bar kitchen area were transformed to into a world of roses. I smiled at Leo knowingly and he winked back at me before laughing at whatever Luis had just said.

"Boys- out!" Celia points at the door when it gets closer to the time of the shower. They laugh and call for T and Benja to come down before heading over to say bye to me and Sofi.

The shower was a success and went off without an issue. Cristiano sent the baby a Portugal set with his number, and Celia got an Argentina set to counter act it. The rest of the gifts were mostly a light pink, silver, or white.

Around five the guys came back, but by then we had cleaned everything up and were just setting up dinner.

"Mari, we're going to go set up the nursery," Leo said, walking over to me with Luis and Geri, who had come by with Milan and Sasha. I eyed him suspiciously since we never agreed on anything earlier.

"Can I trust you with this?" I ask and he nods his head.

"We found the perfect crib earlier; he designed Sasha and Milan's nurseries. They were beautiful neutral colored nurseries, so I agreed and the three of the ran up to the room across from Thiago's.

Me and the few remaining girls sat down for dinner around the kitchen bar so we didn't have to clean up and make the table.

"Marisol, when are you due, again?" Celia asks me.

"May 5th," I nod back.

"When is Leo's season over?"

"Two weeks after that or so. He'll have enough time with the baby before going out to the Centanario. She'll be able to have her shots, so Valentina is going to watch her for the weekend of the final and I'm going to fly out with T," I explain while pausing to eat my salad."

"You're assuming we get to the final," Leo says as he and the guys walk in. I smile as he comes by me and kisses my cheek before stealing some of my food.

"Si, don't forget he may have to play us," Luis laughs from his place by Sofi.

"Is the nursery ready?" Shakira asks with baby Sasha babbling on her lap.

"The furniture is done, if you gals would like to come see it," Leo smirks.

"When did you even get the furniture?" I ask as he helps me stand up from off the barstool.

"It's what we did while you opened the hundreds of gifts that we'll never use," he responds, "We left all the decorations and everything up to you but I think you'll like it."

I walk towards the room and Thiago and Benja rushed out his to the doorway, "Are you ready, Mami?"

I smile and pick him up, "Did you help, mis principes?" They both nod.

I walk into the room and its amazing. Leo found modern light grey furniture that accented the walls perfectly. The crib was large with little white roses wrapped along the legs, and matched the changing table perfectly. There was a nice white fuzzy carpet in the center and off in the corner was a gorgeous white recliner with a side table that matched the other furniture.

"Oh, Leo," I say as I turn and kiss him. He smiles at me softly while the other girls start complimenting everything, and planning where to put what gifts I got today.

"I'm glad you like it, amor," Leo says as he wraps his arms around T and I. He lightly rubs his hand over my stomach.

"It's perfect. Thank you both," I say and kiss Thiago's head.

"Benja and I helped with the flowers," he smiles proudly.

"They're the best part," I whisper to him.